Aerosoft One store is downloading very slow

Tang0

First of all, congrats for the CRJ900/1000 release. It is very nice to finally have this plane in my virtual hangar. I decided to update the CRJ550/700 today through the Aerosoft One application. However, it always gets stuck at 53.01 MB / 350.58 MB. I tried to restart the app twice however, it gets stuck there all the time. Does this has something to do with a server overload on your side as my internet speed is good and stable?

• Administrator

Could you please try changing the download server in the AerosoftOne settings to see if this makes a difference?

I switched the server to USA and it is the same slow speed hanging atm at 46.28 MB. In the meantime i downloaded EDDB and it was fine! No complaints there however the CRJ550/700 struggles a lot

Hello,

same here for me. The update for the CRJ 550/700 gets to about 55MB and then gets stuck. Switching to another region sadly didn't help. I tried every region.
For me it helped uninstalling the CRJ, rebooting my PC anf installing it again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

For those stuck with the download, this worked for me and at least one other person while using Aerosoft One. Delete your version 1.0.6.0 install. Optionally, remove Navigraph for the CRJ if you have it. Close and reopen Aerosoft One, then go the the Library tab and chose the CRJ for installation. For me this morning on a gigabit connection, I got stuck at about 16% with download speed slow throughout. A subsequent try did complete the download, but it didn't unpack correctly, so I simply followed the steps above. My download speed immediately climbed to the mid teens in MB/sec and the entire download took just a few minutes. It installed without issue and I'm about to go fly to verify things.

If you're not using Aerosoft One, I highly encourage it. It makes downloading and installing much more easy. You don't have to go find your download in the Aerosoft store, download it, unzip it, and do the email and key verification step. If you want to stay with ASUpdater, that's fine of course. Do try the uninstall, leave ASU, then download the entire CRJ file from teh store and see if it avoids the hang.

• Aerosoft

Just to give a bit more info, the issue is not that the server is slow but that in these case the tool updates the individual files and not one large zip.  As that includes the navdatabase with thousands of files this causes issues. As Jonas wrote, being changed,

Archived