Always the same Problems with updating the CRJ in MSFS Store......

Sascha Schuh

Hello,

It's the same with every update. Why is it not possible to update the CRJ in the MSFS Store? Every time you have to delete the aircraft, then restart the MSFS in order to be able to reinstall the aircraft. (a total of 4.3GB of data?)

Please find another solution with Asobo / Microsoft. It's not fun.

Greetings,

Sascha.

I don't think there's much Aerosoft can do about the marketplace. I avoid it unless that's the only place to purchase an add-on though, both because it seems unreliable, encrypts some of the files which could potentially prevent useful modifications, and most importantly has a brutal lead-time between when updates are submitted by developers and are actually published (currently I believe it's 8-12 weeks). I'd rather just pay the developers directly, giving them a bigger cut and (usually) getting access to quicker updates.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To amplify a bit on Aplato's post, there is zero Aerosoft can do about the store that hasn't already been done as they don't run it. Once the files are sent to Microsoft, which they have been here, implementation is out of Aerosoft's hands. Aplato already offered "another solution," buy it from Aerosoft direct.

Hey Sascha, if you want to update your aircraft, airports etc. ingame, you should try the following: 

1.) Go to the opening screen of the game

2.) Click on Profile 

3.) Content manager (German: Inhaltsmanager) 

4.) Update available (German: Update verfügbar)

There you will see all available updates. 

I hope this helps with your problem :) 

Hello Pilot21,

I know the way. 😉 Also works with every addon except the CRJ. I always have to delete and reinstall the CRJ. This has been the case with every update so far.

That's why I ask Aerosoft to talk to Asobo / Microsoft about why this is.

Am I the only one with this problem? Alternatively, I would be interested in the possibility of receiving the updates directly from Aerosoft in the future.

Greetings,

Sascha Schuh.

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, Sascha Schuh said:

Hello Pilot21,

I know the way. 😉 Also works with every addon except the CRJ. I always have to delete and reinstall the CRJ. This has been the case with every update so far.

Am I the only one with this problem? Alternatively, I would be interested in the possibility of receiving the updates directly from Aerosoft in the future.

Greetings,

Sascha Schuh.

We have discussed this as we heard it from more then one person. We just have no influence over any fix for that.

We are unable to offer you updates when the product is bought in the Marketplace, that is just how the system works.

1 hour ago, Sascha Schuh said:

Hello Pilot21,

Greetings,

Sascha Schuh.

Same here

is it possible the cause for that is perhaps Navigraph? Did you remove the AIRAC DB before installing?

had to reinstall the CRJ most likely because I forgot to remove the DB beforehand. Not a big problem however...

3 minutes ago, NoClue said:

is it possible the cause for that is perhaps Navigraph? Did you remove the AIRAC DB before installing?

had to reinstall the CRJ most likely because I forgot to remove the DB beforehand. Not a big problem however...

It could be. I have never removed the Navigraph database before updating it

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hmm...NoClue may in fact have a clue. I didn't think to delete my Navigraph DB for the CRJ beforehand. On the other hand, I didn't do that either before remove and reinstall

Still, for anyone who reads this thread before tying to update from 1.0.6.0 to 1.0.11.0 through Aerosoft One, please do try uninstalling the Navigraph database (only) and see if the update succeeds the first time through, then report your results here.

12 hours ago, Sascha Schuh said:

Hello Pilot21,

Greetings,

Sascha Schuh.

No you are not the only one.  I too have to do the same avery update, delete and reinstall the CRJ.  And today the CRJ has just magically disappeared and im unable to re-install the 55/700 at all.  never again will i buy anything off marketplace, it was only this once though, all other add ons and planes brought direct from developer.  

Archived