• Aerosoft

We have decided to cease the sales of PFPX to the end of the month (November 2021). Although it still is a good program we are making this decision after consulting the developers who have stated that PFPX will not be developed or updated further at this point and that the developer support will only run on a minimum. We´d like to point out that the subscription server will still be online and that valid subscriptions will still work.

Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have decided to cease the sales of PFPX to the end of the month (November 2021). Although it still is a good program we are making this decision after consulting the developers who have stated that PFPX will not be developed or updated further at this point and that the developer support will only run on a minimum. We´d like to point out that the subscription server will still be online and that valid subscriptions will still work.

Sorry.

are you still selling subscriptions or will this cease as well ? ultimately ending support completely when the last subscription expires ?

Sorry to hear about the lack of future development. As is, the program is still quite usable (and enjoyable). So I have the same question others have posted -- will data subscriptions still be available after the current ones expire?

vor 51 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes, but not sure how long.

Again thanks for the info. In my opinion this is far the best planning tool for desktop flight simulation. Simbrief is nice and for free, but doesnt have the same amount of features than PFPX.  Hope you will decide to offer subscriptions also for the future. Cheers.

That's such a shame to hear - I've been using PFPX for many years at least, and it's just so much better than all the other alternatives put together. 

Unfortunately, there is no chance that other developers will continue this project?

In any way - thanks for the information!

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs
54 minutes ago, MatthiasKNU said:

Unfortunately, there is no chance that other developers will continue this project?

No, as long as Flightsimsoft is willing to give/sell the sourcecode to somebody else. And this is extremly unlikely. ;)

Very sad news but kinda to be expected tbh. As good as Simbrief may be, PFPX still has some features that Simbrief is still lacking - and the route finder is unbeatable! Did a longhaul flight which required RCF (reduced contingency fuel) - no issue in PFPX, with Simbrief? Impossible. I hope the Subscriptions remain for longer.

• Upvote 1

Very sad news. I hope that server subscription will continue for years to come. Despite the fact that PFPX could be updated (I don't expect it for free), it is still the best flight planning tool our there.

I guess that if Navigraph would buy PFPX license, we could see further development, but sadly that is not the case.

On 11/10/2021 at 1:27 AM, Sharky said:

Dispite this sad news, I will still continue to provide the RAD Restrictions and Directs for each AIRAC in the Download area.

Best regards

David

David, thank you for your continuous support!

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, but not sure how long.

Mathiijs, would you give us heads-up if there is a plan not to sell subscription services anymore? My expires in FEB-2022.

Thank you,
Andrej

Another reason why I use PFPX for fight planning is that it can use NavDataPro based AIRACs.
AFAIK in Simbrief I would need a Navigraph Subscriptions.
Since I use the NavDataPro Charts for many years I actually do not want fo use Navigraph Charts.

So, please Aerosoft, keep the PFPX subscriptions as long as possible.

• Aerosoft
5 hours ago, Fatman said:

Very sad news. I hope that server subscription will continue for years to come. Despite the fact that PFPX could be updated (I don't expect it for free), it is still the best flight planning tool our there.

I guess that if Navigraph would buy PFPX license, we could see further development, but sadly that is not the case.

David, thank you for your continuous support!

Mathiijs, would you give us heads-up if there is a plan not to sell subscription services anymore? My expires in FEB-2022.

Thank you,
Andrej

I assume that you will be able to buy the subscriptions directly from the developpers. 

• Thanks 1

Perhaps the title of this thread follows current journalistic fashion in being a little OTT or sensationalist?

From the developer's subsequent post this is hardly "end of life", but merely a cessation by Aerosoft of their sales and support to PFPX? I certainly echo the sentiments of others in hoping PFPX continues to be available for a long time to come, there's nothing else out there to touch its capabilities.

• Like 1

As I understood Mathijs, PFPX will be outlisted from the Aerosoft store and the Aerosoft portfolio. Aerosoft will no longer be the publisher of PFPX.

So the term "end of life" here in the Aerosoft Forum is absolutely correct, IMHO.

That you will still be able to get PFPX directly from FlightSimSoft is a different story. 

And of course I share your opinion that there is absolutely nothing like PFPX out there and it would be a massive loss for all of us if it would disappear. Fortunately that's not the case :) 

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, BW901 said:

From the developer's subsequent post this is hardly "end of life", but merely a cessation by Aerosoft of their sales and support to PFPX? I certainly echo the sentiments of others in hoping PFPX continues to be available for a long time to come, there's nothing else out there to touch its capabilities.

We were not aware of that. 

Not aware of what? Given what you are aware of now might a revision to the title be appropriate, the questions posed after the OP could suggest that more is/was being read into the title than perhaps intended?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use