Joystic axis assignment question (Please help)

Arpal

Hello guys.  

I have set up a very nice configuration with a Thrustmaster T flight X joystick and a TCA quadrant that i bought 2 weeks ago.  Everything works perfectly, flying with it and fs2crew is marvellous.  Since i bought the TCA, i  set up the joystick throttle axis to operate the speedbrake.  I would like to know if it is possible to use the same axis for the tiller as well on the ground (interchangeable with a shift key for example) through FSUIPC or LINDA (although i am pretty sure LINDA is only for buttons' and not for axis' assignments).  Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Aris

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Arpal said:

Hello guys.  

I have set up a very nice configuration with a Thrustmaster T flight X joystick and a TCA quadrant that i bought 2 weeks ago.  Everything works perfectly, flying with it and fs2crew is marvellous.  Since i bought the TCA, i  set up the joystick throttle axis to operate the speedbrake.  I would like to know if it is possible to use the same axis for the tiller as well on the ground (interchangeable with a shift key for example) through FSUIPC or LINDA (although i am pretty sure LINDA is only for buttons' and not for axis' assignments).  Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Aris

Hi Aris,

Do you mean you want to be able to change the function of one axis by pressing a button ?
Without reloading the aircraft or the joystick assignment profile ?

Thank you.

6 hours ago, SimWare said:

Hi Aris,

Do you mean you want to be able to change the function of one axis by pressing a button ?
Without reloading the aircraft or the joystick assignment profile ?

Thank you.

Yes, exactly this

Hi Aris,

AFAIK, P3D cannot switch a profile on the fly.
LINDA is for buttons
Whether you can achieve the desired with the FSUIPC GUI, I do not know. But there is the script language LUA (also for FSUIPC) with which you can program something like that. The condition is that speedbrakes and tiller are addressable via the offsets. As a starting point I recommend the Lua script ThrottleManager, which is in the examples for FSUIPC in the same forum/website for download. 

As another possibility I recommend to work with virtual joysticks (or the P3D SDK). But here you have to know/ want to learn a programming language, like with Lua.

Feasible is the desired.

Ahoj
-Uwe

Archived