Alas CRJ still cant do ILS landing at EDDm

herky20

I will try again later but VNAV was disabled and I´ve done just a simple test with just the Localizer in NAV Mode, to find out if the intercept works. I spawned 30 Miles outside SFO for this test.

In the second Video, I try to follow a simple VOR Radial. This doesn´t work either. Do you know what might is wrong here?

Okay, Ive found something out - When I turn VNAV in the Tablet menu off, and restart the sim it worked. I mean, I can intercept VOR/LOC radials via NAV mode as it should.

So this whole issue here with VGP and not intercepting radials seems to be a bug that can occure when VNAV option in the tablet is turned on. Hope that helps.

But once you have a problem, it´s not enough to turn VNAV in the tablet off. You have to reload the Aircraft or the whole sim.

Interesting about conflicts.  I find the various settings with the Bravo interfere with the CRJ's own Nav.  I don't use other programs such as FSUIPC so I understand this can happen with the Bravo.  Just saying that using ONLY the aircraft's nav buttons without external interference helps with these procedures....now I can fly the ILS correctly.. 

For others more knowledgeable than me in relation to ILS aproaches, what is the correct procedure for the following process?

I have tuned in correct ILS freq. and set the course knob for the appropriate runway heading. Nav source is currently on FMS1

Approaching the airport, the localiser bars appear blue on the PFD and clearly show the deflected localiser bar. 

Is this now the correct time to change nav source?

When do I select 'APPR' mode?

Do I have to intercept the GS from below only, or can it be from above?

assistance greatly apprec. 

For others more knowledgeable than me in relation to ILS aproaches, what is the correct procedure for the following process?

I have tuned in correct ILS freq. and set the course knob for the appropriate runway heading. Nav source is currently on FMS1

Approaching the airport, the localiser bars appear blue on the PFD and clearly show the deflected localiser bar. 

vor 5 Minuten, Transair27 sagte:

1. please don't hijack other threads

2. no need to dial in the frequency or course as the CRJ does that for you. Also no need to change the Nav source.

3. you can select APPR whenever you like to but I recommend doing it when the Localizer is alive and you are close to the final heading

4. you always capture the glidelope from below in every aircraft on every ILS approach. 

vor 8 Stunden , Transair27 sagte:

Interesting about conflicts.  I find the various settings with the Bravo interfere with the CRJ's own Nav.  I don't use other programs such as FSUIPC so I understand this can happen with the Bravo.  Just saying that using ONLY the aircraft's nav buttons without external interference helps with these procedures....now I can fly the ILS correctly.. 

I don´t know what the "Bravo" is and by "tablet" I mean the " 3D tablet device" in the cockpit. Under options, you can enable VNAV function there and the VNAV button appears next to the ALT-Knob. Then, when you press VNAV, it´s no longer just the advisory "star" in the PFD but will follow the calculated vertical path automatically (if armed).

Ive just installed the CRJ 900  as un upgrade from CRJ700 I aquired when it was released. Just took a short flight from EKCH to ESGG heading for rwy 03 with all settings OK in APR mode. The aircraft "missed" the rwy with 1000 feet sideways- why- is this a wellknown bug?

Any help as advise is appreciated

Åke

Please login to display this image.

On 11/16/2021 at 2:47 AM, Akki said:

Ive just installed the CRJ 900  as un upgrade from CRJ700 I aquired when it was released. Just took a short flight from EKCH to ESGG heading for rwy 03 with all settings OK in APR mode. The aircraft "missed" the rwy with 1000 feet sideways- why- is this a wellknown bug?

Any help as advise is appreciated

Åke

Please login to display this image.

It is a well know problem that if you try to fly an RNAV (RNP) approach like either a localizer or ILS you will have problems, in the sim or real life.  An RNAV approach is flown with LNAV armed not APPR.  APPR is used with there is an ILS.  My guess is that you dialed in the frequency of the Landvetter VOR  and tracked the 022 radial inbound.  Pilot error not CRJ error.  

On 15.11.2021 at 23:04, Dirk1981 sagte:

Okay, Ive found something out - When I turn VNAV in the Tablet menu off, and restart the sim it worked. I mean, I can intercept VOR/LOC radials via NAV mode as it should.

So this whole issue here with VGP and not intercepting radials seems to be a bug that can occure when VNAV option in the tablet is turned on. Hope that helps.

But once you have a problem, it´s not enough to turn VNAV in the tablet off. You have to reload the Aircraft or the whole sim.

Dirk I tried to test your theory (since I fly without VNAV and never had issues landing at EDDM).

-CRJ700 LH Livery-

What I did was to fly a short circuit from 26L to 26L as usual (without the VNAV option turned on) --> all ok

-then before shutting down the SIM I enabled VNAV option-

-restarted the SIM-

and went for the same circuit 26L - 26L and ALL WAS FINE (I captured LOC1 and the GS and even let it autoland).

So if it realy is VNAV related then it probably has to do with the modes during maybe descent...

On 11/21/2021 at 2:26 PM, Crabby said:

It is a well know problem that if you try to fly an RNAV (RNP) approach like either a localizer or ILS you will have problems, in the sim or real life.  An RNAV approach is flown with LNAV armed not APPR.  APPR is used with there is an ILS.  My guess is that you dialed in the frequency of the Landvetter VOR  and tracked the 022 radial inbound.  Pilot error not CRJ error.  

Well, I wanted to take another flight to check what you write (which I find not possible but you never know so better check) now I am not able to take off at all dute to the next SU7 issue: (see another post) I am not able to set the trim stab, it moves back to the default value 7,5 after having changed to the EBC value 6,8...

Åke

Archived