Alas CRJ still cant do ILS landing at EDDm

herky20

Again and again I try to get the CRJ to land at Munich with ILS.

It can not do it!

It can not track GS or LOC.

This is the stated flight in the blurb! Yet it doesnt work!

At least check it out?

Please fix it!

PFD states GS/LOC green.

Its incorrect!

Thanks.

• Aerosoft
19 hours ago, herky20 said:

At least check it out?

Please fix it!

Its incorrect!

Sir, if you follow the tutorial flight you will find it all works as it should. It is most likely just a small thing you overlooked.

On 11/6/2021 at 4:48 PM, herky20 said:

Again and again I try to get the CRJ to land at Munich with ILS.

It can not do it!

It can not track GS or LOC.

At least check it out?

Please fix it!

PFD states GS/LOC green.

Its incorrect!

Thanks.

I just flew that approach for kicks and giggles, ok and also to see what was going on.  I use Navigraph.  I had not problem.  It appears that you say above you have no problem with ILS except for Munich.  This is very strange in and of itself and would lead a logical person to think that it is probably not the airplane you are flying.  It could be you navdata, the airport itself, some other crazy add on mucking things up.  I flew an ILS app into KMSY earlier also with no problem.  I know that fact that I don't have a problem doesn't necessarily help you, but maybe it can help point you in the right direction and away from the CRJ. 

I can absolutely confirm that the ILS does not work on my AS CRJ 700 install.

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the sim.

Today 11.11.21.

I tried a simple flight from EGNH to EGCC using runway ILS 23Rat EGCC.

The CRJ is utterly useless in aquiring a ILS approach!

It simply will not aquire.

Approach is at IAF and ILS diamonds are correct/

ILS Auto gives up the ghost after that!

I have a video that i will upload.

Why is there no one else seeing this?

It just doesnt work!!!

I have been flying the CRJ from P2d days for a long time.

I have uploaded numerous videos in You Tube on P3d  using the voice activated program MCE.

It always worked!

I fly the CRj in P3d to this day and dont have a problem.

My problem is with CRJ in Asobo!!!??? It has no ILS????

4 minutes ago, BaxterChico said:

The CRJ 550/700 & 900/1000 Do what they are supposed to do. We just flew with the models again today. Everything was ok. EDDM/ EDDH/ LOWI (LOC) EGLC all no problem.  Maybe you should watch the videos again 😃

Perhaps I should!

Ive been flying the CRJ from early P3d days using MCE and never had a problem.

100% sucess!

Perhaps you are suggesting I have a mental issue?

I may have since I cant get this thing to work!

Sorry I cant get this new CRJ in MSFS  ILS land!  PERIOD!

22 hours ago, KuntaKinte said:

Your video could help identifying the problem :-)

I think I have a Community Add on conflict?

My ILS doesnt work on approach it always shows VGP or somrthing like that? Like its trying to read the G1000 Nxi?

Its truely wierd! I dont undersatnd it!

I fly the CJ4 into the same airports and it flies exact, precise ILS landings. The CRJ just ignores ILS...VS..?

Nevermind guys, its just a ASOBO thing! The P3d works 100%! Shame I paid 45 quid for the MSFS version!

Thanks!

Hello all.. I just have a squite similar problem. I had an ILS Approach and it said VGP in the PFD. I don´t know what this means. After I didn´t manage to make the ILS Approach (it was San Francisco), I loaded the CRJ 20 miles outside SFO and tried again and again. I can´t even manage the CRJ to interceopt the simple LOC Signal, not even speak about the glideslope.

109.55 ISFO is indicated with DME and so on, NAV source is set manually to NAV1, I am level inbound DUYET (RWY 28L) at 1800ft with Flaps 20° @200Kts. The CRJ overshoots the localizer every time, no matter in what shallow angle I try to intercept and whether I am in NAV oder APP Mode. The LOC is white (armed) and then turns green, but overshoots). I tried several times, flew manually back to DUYET with HDG and ALT Hold at 1800ft... I´m into Flightsimming a few years now and don´t know what I´m doing wrong. This is frustrating. Also tried this at LOWI RWY11. Cant manage to intercept the LOC. Not automatically and not manually.

Hello Mathijs,

yes, of course and I fly the CRJ 550/700 since its release and now bought the 900/1000. This problem does not happen always but sometimes.

Maybe I find the time to record a video later - Just with a simple task --> Capturing and intercepting the Localizer. I really hope it´s kind of a "facepalm" piloting issue, but I doubt it at the moment.

Okay Mathijs,

here are two Videos.

1. Trying to establish on LOC into SFO (Just the LOC, not even GS). Tried to capture again after overshoot as well... Programmed the approach into the FMC.

https://youtu.be/bxwwRNH1M_M

2. Simple follow VOR Radial outbound NIE (NIE near Hannover). Same here. White VOR, Green VOR, followed by an overshoot.

https://youtu.be/OwbKsisSMcE

I hope this may help you find a simple piloting issue :-).

25 minutes ago, Transair27 said:

I noticed you didn't have 'APPR' selected (SFO)...could that be the reason?

For localizer only intercept, NAV is the appropriate mode.

13 minutes ago, Transair27 said:

I noticed you didn't have 'APPR' selected (SFO)...could that be the reason?

LOC intercepts can also be done with NAV mode. The strange thing is that LOC is becoming the active lateral mode, but the aircraft doesn't even twitch.

vor 8 Stunden , KuntaKinte sagte:

LOC intercepts can also be done with NAV mode. The strange thing is that LOC is becoming the active lateral mode, but the aircraft doesn't even twitch.

Yes and I´ve tried this yesterday on a totally different Airport as well - Vienna LOWW. At the moment, I SOMETIMES can´t intercept a LOC, VOR, ILS.

I reinstalled the CRJ short before recording via Aerosoft One, and just to make sure, didn´t even have the Navigraph Navdata on top this time.

Again: I came across this issue when I flew the ILS 28L APP into SFO from KSAN (San Diego) and had this "VGP" in the PFD. I don´t know what this means, havent had this before and thats why I tried this again and then I figured out, that I don´t even intercept the LOC.

As I said and the initially post says, sometimes I have this VGP displayed in the PFD. Seems like this means "Hey Pilot, I´m still on GPS, didn´t manage to intercept and didn´t switch to LOC and have no vertical profile..."

Edit: For the first attempt, when I have that VGP in the PFD, I had VNAV engaged for the descent.

Here´s another older Thread with same behavior: March, 2021: This is a real Live CRJ Pilot...

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/162204-vgp-mode-when-selecting-appr-on-an-ils/

And just to mention: The thread starter herky20 was also commenting here and "Secondator", an Aerosoft staff, said they will keep and eye on that. But this was the last post.

Another on that VNAV/VGP

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/166345-aircraft-does-not-follow-rnav-descent-path-on-appr-vgp-mode/

Funfact: None of the CRJ manuals doesn´t even hold the word VGP.

I am flying a lot of ILS approaches and never had an issue with capturing LOC and GS. I remember I have read somewhere that VGP is announced when APPR is armed with VNAV active. I usually switch off VNAV and fly the last few descents to LOC and GS capture level with V/S engaged.

And you are correct, there is nonreference to VGP in the manuals….

However, I tried out that you can fly a descent RNAV approach with NAV and VNAV engaged by dialing in the RWY altitude and swich off the AP at MDA.

Okay, thanks Ulrich. That´s a step forward for me. Indeed, I had VNAV enabled and didn´t siwthc it off for intercept. Will try later...

Still my question is, in the post above, where I can´t manage to intercept a LOC/VOR -> See my videos above.

Hi, had a quick look at your KSFO video… you may be too close to the RWY already and too fast by trying to catch the LOC at DUYET…I would intercept the LOC/GS from e.g. EDDY with approach speed around 140 kt…

Did you try to catch the LOC with APPR armed?  That is what I always do…you are flying in NAV mode 

Please login to display this image.

Archived