MSFS CRJ Keyboard Assignments not working

Trying to set up newly acquired MSFS and the CRJ and find that the keyboard assignments in MSFS do not activate the assigned control in the aircraft. For example, Cntl L is assigned to "toggle landing lights" and alt j "toggle taxi lights" but neither work. I can't find any reference to this in the manual.

Is there a process for setting this up and I am missing it?

Any help would be welcome. Thanks.

Martin

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Add-ons in MSFS never have key assignments, it's always only key assignments of the sim. If the add-on uses its own routines standard key commands will not work.

Thank you for the reply. I now understand that add=-on aircraft will not respond to key assignments in MSFS.  Yet page 48 to 51 of the CRJ MSFS manual shows a large number of key assignments relative to the aircraft. I says that "not all" of these key assignments will work with the CRJ, but I tried several and could not find any that would work.  Sorry for not understanding fully, but would you please comment on this entry in the manual. Thanks again.

Keyboards and controllers...

Do your self a favor and for EVERY aircraft have a distinct profile for everything.

Do your self a bigger favor and start that profile from a completely empty profile and only put stuff that you want in it.

Do your self the grandest favor of all and get either Axis and Ohs (my recommendation only because that is what I use and it works) or SpadNext and configure all of your controls (except views and view manipulation) OUTSIDE the sim.  That way you won't have to remember what profile goes with what plane.  Axis and Ohs will see what you loaded and present you with the correct profile.

You will thank me and name your first son in my honor if you do all the above.

22 hours ago, Transair27 said:

mind you Crabby, if his last name is apple, he probably wouldn't want to name his son as you suggest!!!!

Well it could be worse..the last name could be Patty

• Aerosoft
On 11/5/2021 at 7:15 PM, bigmarty said:

Thank you for the reply. I now understand that add=-on aircraft will not respond to key assignments in MSFS.  Yet page 48 to 51 of the CRJ MSFS manual shows a large number of key assignments relative to the aircraft. I says that "not all" of these key assignments will work with the CRJ, but I tried several and could not find any that would work.  Sorry for not understanding fully, but would you please comment on this entry in the manual. Thanks again.

Hi Bigmarty,

I definitely second what Crabby says.
Bottom line is : do not (over)trust default assignments and profiles.
Be smart : make your own ones, so that you know exactly what is supposed to do what.
It may take longer in the beginning, but it will save you way more time later.

Some posts that may help you : 

Best regards.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 5:33 PM, Crabby said:

Keyboards and controllers...

Do your self a favor and for EVERY aircraft have a distinct profile for everything.

Do your self a bigger favor and start that profile from a completely empty profile and only put stuff that you want in it.

Do your self the grandest favor of all and get either Axis and Ohs (my recommendation only because that is what I use and it works) or SpadNext and configure all of your controls (except views and view manipulation) OUTSIDE the sim.  That way you won't have to remember what profile goes with what plane.  Axis and Ohs will see what you loaded and present you with the correct profile.

You will thank me and name your first son in my honor if you do all the above.

Do yourself the biggest favour and get a Stream Deck or 2. You'll never look back.

Archived