Simbrief Flight Plan Import with IFR support

Paul McNaughton

Hi all,

I recently picked up the CRJ 550/700 and it's quite enjoyable so far. I want to be able to import from Simbrief, and I did look up how to do that (typing the origin and destination in and pressing "Execute), however this doesn't seem to import it in such a way where I can then request and be directed for an IFR flight plan within FS2020.

I tried doing this a few times, even setting the weather conditions so that I would have to navigate via IFR. Is there an alternate method to this, or am I going to have to learn to put everything in manually?

Thanks!

Hi Paul,

You can import a SimBrief flight plan into the CRJ's FMC as shown in this video:

and you can import the same flight plan into the MSFS flight planner as shown here:

Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to do this all in one move, or for the CRJ to look at the MSFS flight plans.

Regards,

Filbert

Hi, thanks. Yes, I use the method mentioned above and it does work in the sense that it inputs a flight plan. However, this method doesn't allow me to request IFR clearance. If I import a flight plan from the map screen before starting the flight, it all works great and I am able to file an IFR flight plan. However, it would be nice to arrive at my destination and then load in a new IFR route.

Is there a way to import a plan into the flight computer which allows for me to request IFR clearance?

Thanks!

Archived