ENGM overlapping scenery

monokuro

Hello,

I'm using the lastest version of Mega Airport Oslo (1.1.4.0) and I seem to have two sceneries overlapping each other (see screenshots). I do have OrbX FTX Norway installed, but it's checked in the Oslo config tool.

I also checked the scenery priority, but I don't seem to be able to change the position of Oslo, because it's registered as the add-on xml (not sure how I could change that order).

I had uninstalled and re-installed the scenery too already, to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jan

Please login to display this image.

Hi Jonas,

thanks. Yes, I did that, and just to be sure I just repeated the process. And it's still the same situation. When I then check the Scenery Library from within P3D it shows Oslo on 91st place well below all the FTX entries. All the other sceneries are above it as they should be. And I can't move the Oslo scenery up either, because the entry in the scenery library is greyed out. I'm a bit at a loss. Is there any way I can manually change the priority?

Thanks for your help.

Jan

• Deputy Sheriffs
49 minutes ago, monokuro said:

When I then check the Scenery Library from within P3D it shows Oslo on 91st place well below all the FTX entries

And this is not correct! In OC you have to set the Library Insertion point below you lowest 3rd party addon. It should look like this:

Hi Otto,

many thanks. What you describe is exactly what I have done.

My insertion point is set below JustSim EBBR, and Oslo sits well above that right between Hamburg and Dulles (see screenshots). Within OC everything seems to be set correctly, however, it doesn't show up like that in P3D (see P3D library screenshots). The last 3rd party scenery before all the OrbX stuff is EBBR on #30 and Oslo comes way down at #91 well below all the OrbX entries. Something isn't right here.

I hope we can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,

Jan

I have now deactived the BGL files in FTX Norway for ENGM like in the good old days which has the disadvantage that as soon as those files will be updated by OrbX the issues will re-appear. But at least for now the overlapping scenery is fixed. But if you can think of another fix, I'd really appreciate it.

The files I deactivated are:

ADE_FTX_NOR_ENGM.bgl.off

ADE_FTX_NOR_ENGM_CVX.bgl.off

However, I still have terrain issues as per the attached screenshots which were there before but the above "fix" didn't remove those issues.

• Developer

On those screenshots it still looks like you have some extra floodlights being placed next to the terminal.
There's also quite a lot of models missing from the MA Oslo scenery (Hangars in the background of the first image and the tunnel objects in both images) so I suspect you still have some leftover BGL files from another Oslo scenery that's excluding those and adding the extra floodlights.

Hi Jo,

thanks for looking into that. Where could I potentially be looking for those left-over BGL files? My P3Dv5 installation is fairly clean, I had never installed any other Oslo scenery except previous versions of yours, but they should have been removed by the uninstaller?

Thanks,

Jan

• Deputy Sheriffs

Search for bgl files with ENGM in its name and which are outside of your ENGM installation folder.

Seachstring would be *engm*.bgl

Archived