You could temporarily use an alternative supported weather source such as Activesky.

It is not apparent whether the issue lies with the PFPX server or the actual data source.

Developer has been informed.

Same here. Weater data from yesterday morning. Already informed developer and they wrote that they will have a look. Let`s see, still old weater. Back to SimBrief for now.

cheers.

Has anyone received further feedback from FSS support?

Is asking for a status update really too much when such a crucial part of a service we pay for and rely on is non-functioning?

Considering the current PFPX version cannot read Activesky's API calls, relying on the old current_weather_snapshot.txt as a backup solution is a non-starter!

Thank you

Hello,

It is really annoying! Yesterday I thought that the problem is that my subscription is going to expire 2 Nov so I purchased another year. But it seems that I did not get anything yet for my money, WX is still form 1 Nov to 3 Nov 0000Z.

All we can do at this point is report here http://www.flightsimsoft.com/support/ and hope that someone at FSS looks into this. 

If ANYONE at FSS is reading this - It would be greatly appreciated if you could at least make a habit of acknowledging a server issue on your support forum. A simple post/pin at the top of the forum.

Communication goes a long way!

35 minutes ago, srcooke said:

The developer is aware.

Well that is good to know, at least they bothered to reply to you...can we expect a timely fix or is the PFPX server down for the foreseeable future?

As a paying customer and longtime supporter of FSS products, is it too much to expect a minimum level of interaction on this forum by developer?

We are paying for a service that is not working again. No official communication whatsoever after two days. 

To FSS, if your professional priorities have shifted and the interest to maintain a reliable server for your paying customers is gone, could you at least consider finding a suitable long-term support arrangement with Aerosoft?

PFPX is a fantastic tool and it is something that reshaped and forever improved our flight sim experience. 

All I ask for and expect is that the data PFPX depends on is provided consistently and when issues do arise on the server side, that someone cares enough to acknowledge and communicate with their customers!

I am a very long time PFPX user as well, and am also not happy that the weather is currently not working correctly, but...

It has been stated 3 times now in here that the developer (FSS) has been informed. I am a little bit lost on the demand for more communication. Isn't it more important to get the service back up and running as quickly as possible again, than a statement like "yes, I have been informed about the problem"?

And regarding this "I am a paying customer" and "I am not getting anything for my money" thing: we are talking of 4 Cents per day. I am not saying that this is no money, but honestly, the milk in my coffee is more expensive. Just saying...

19 minutes ago, Aviator0815 said:

I am a very long time PFPX user as well, and am also not happy that the weather is currently not working correctly, but...

It has been stated 3 times now in here that the developer (FSS) has been informed. I am a little bit lost on the demand for more communication. Isn't it more important to get the service back up and running as quickly as possible again, than a statement like "yes, I have been informed about the problem"?

And regarding this "I am a paying customer" and "I am not getting anything for my money" thing: we are talking of 4 Cents per day. I am not saying that this is no money, but honestly, the milk in my coffee is more expensive. Just saying...

It’s not about the money

There have been half a dozen (if not more) server outages in 2021 alone and it’s always up to the users that seem to care enough to try and bring these issues to the attention of FSS. Rarely with any form of acknowledgement or response on their part. 

That level of developer/customer communication does not instill confidence when it comes to this ongoing outage. Besides us users reporting, we have not heard anything from FSS. 

If FSS can no longer monitor and maintain their server and ensure stability of their services, why not work towards a suitable business arrangement with Aerosoft or another party that is willing and capable to maintain this tool?

6 hours ago, Aviator0815 said:

Its not about the milk in the coffee. Its about paying for the coffee but not getting the milk. Then the milf provider isnt even trying to appear concerned. Notice no one is asking for the milk per se. They are asking for communication because that is what makes them appear concerned. 

Also... the price of milk affects some more than others. But if its paid for it should be served. You really are not in a position to tell someone else what their money is worth.

31 minutes ago, srcooke said:

May populate on the next NAT update later today.

The METARs and TAFs are a bit outdated, too.

Also, it still shows wind/temp data from 00z today when it's well past 06z (cache deleted).

But at least I can plan flights now.

Archived