Too Low - Terrain on most take-offs. Why?

What might I be doing wrong given that most of my take-offs end up with the PULL UP lights triggering and the voice warning above? 

I take off at the proper V1/V2 speeds, I'm at about 15 percent climb and yet I get this. I'm sure I've goofed up somewhere.

I find I get this message when I inadvertently "pop" the CRJ off the runway and then push the yoke to correct.  I have found that it is best to just apply slight back pressure on the yoke and allow the aircraft to fly off when its ready.  It's real smooth that way.

50 minutes ago, Crabby said:

I find I get this message when I inadvertently "pop" the CRJ off the runway and then push the yoke to correct.  I have found that it is best to just apply slight back pressure on the yoke and allow the aircraft to fly off when its ready.  It's real smooth that way.

I've generally found (and this may be part of the issue) that if I don't pull back at V1 the plane's trim just lifts me off smoothly all by itself and climbs at a nice angle.

Archived