Constant Crashes after updating to Windows 11

As the title states, having constant crashes after updating to windows 11. Guessing the two might not be fully compatible yet.

Faulting application name: PFPX.exe, version: 2.0.4.0, time stamp: 0x5fdb05ce
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0xcb34958a
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0009d37b
Faulting process id: 0x2194
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7ce8bf3d0d2c6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Professional Flight Planner X\PFPX.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 4fbff589-ca50-4f59-b9cd-97057d984f4d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Hi John

Not sure of your install route but I did upgrade a few months back to the Win11 Beta. Running the Release Version now.

Have you tried reinstalling the software?

Please login to display this image.

On 11/10/2021 at 4:24 AM, cosnowboarder_777 said:

Sorry for the late response. This was an update to win11 not a clean install. Also, I tried reinstalling PFPX and the issue still persists. I don't install my own routes, only update the AIRAC cycles.

Hi John

Sorry for responding late.

Are you on a current subscription for the PFPX Weather and Data? There was an issue reported on this forum earlier about the software shutting down if it did not find a weather engine or something along that line.

Will try to locate that thread in case it helps. Had me running in circles when I tried to reinstall the software on Windows 10 after my previous MB crashed.

Edit: Found the Thread

12 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Hi John

Sorry for responding late.

Are you on a current subscription for the PFPX Weather and Data? There was an issue reported on this forum earlier about the software shutting down if it did not find a weather engine or something along that line.

Will try to locate that thread in case it helps. Had me running in circles when I tried to reinstall the software on Windows 10 after my previous MB crashed.

Edit: Found the Thread

That is correct, have a current subscription. Will take a look at this other thread and report back.

On 11/9/2021 at 4:24 PM, cosnowboarder_777 said:

Sorry for the late response. This was an update to win11 not a clean install. Also, I tried reinstalling PFPX and the issue still persists. I don't install my own routes, only update the AIRAC cycles.

Have you tried a compatibility mode such as WIN7 as suggested by Christian?

Check the system files following the instructions HERE

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 7:52 AM, srcooke said:

Have you tried a compatibility mode such as WIN7 as suggested by Christian?

Check the system files following the instructions HERE

Hi Stephen, I gave those both a try and no luck. Its actually gotten worse. Used to crash every 10 minutes or so, now its more like every 3. I have to be very quick planning a flight before it crashes and wipes everything.

Other than trying a clean full install of Win11 my only other suggestion currently is to give PFPX v2.03 a try.

Sent a PM with advice on reinstalling.

As yet Win11 has not been pushed to my only capable PC.

2 hours ago, srcooke said:

Other than trying a clean full install of Win11 my only other suggestion currently is to give PFPX v2.03 a try.

Sent a PM with advice on reinstalling.

As yet Win11 has not been pushed to my only capable PC.

Thanks Stephen, will give that a shot.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:51 PM, cosnowboarder_777 said:

Thanks Stephen, will give that a shot.

Hi John

Sorry you are still having these issues.

Something to also try - where is your install location? Is it on the default install location e.g. OS Drive? 

Have you tried installing the software to a location other than the Default/OS Drive?

Forgot to let you know earlier that I have the software installed on a separate drive (Non-OS/Default), not that it really matters probably, but something to try.

Just checked the software - still running on latest Win11 21H2 (OS Build 22000.348)

3 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Hi John

Sorry you are still having these issues.

Something to also try - where is your install location? Is it on the default install location e.g. OS Drive? 

Have you tried installing the software to a location other than the Default/OS Drive?

Forgot to let you know earlier that I have the software installed on a separate drive (Non-OS/Default), not that it really matters probably, but something to try.

Just checked the software - still running on latest Win11 21H2 (OS Build 22000.348)

Will also give that a try.

Archived