Climbing performance

AndrewUp

After quite some time I finally have time to frequently fly this bird and, apart for the usually minor problems already on the radar, a constant has now raised my attention.

Some months and a couple of updates, both sim and aircraft wise, have passed and while I use the same vnav profile for the climb (250/290/.74) the climbing performance looks always too good.

Back then the performance was super on point compared to the simbrief flightplan and also with real life flightradar comparsions. Now I always reach TOC way earlier. No matter the ISA or the weights.

Do you also find this difference?

What weather are you using? There was a pretty significant update to the in sim weather.  I have noticed that climb performance is better with current CRJ version and current sim version using in sim weather, compared with before SU5.  I am getting ready to do a flight for the first time in a long time with REX as the weather engine, so I will see what happens there.

Always been using the in-sim real time weather. 

I'm now in cruise with the FBW A20N and, for comparsion, the climbing performance was on par with the simbrief profile.

Archived