Flickering terminal Chania

Please login to view this video.

Getting some really weird flickering of the terminal in Chania for X-Plane. Almost looks as if there are two of the same object overlapping.

• Developer

Are you using the latest version? If so this might happen if you have just copied the new version into the old one and then ovewriting the files. The old version uses a special object placer plugin and the new version does not but places the ojects the normal way - if you just copy the new one into the old one the plugin is still there and some objects might be placed two times then causing this kind of flickering (and other glitches).

To fix this, please download the latest version, and prior to installation delete the old Chania folders from Custom Scenery, then install the scenery again from your downloaed package. If you are using Aerosoft One please uninstall the scenery in Aerosoft One, make sure all the Chania folders are removed from Custom Scenery, then install again.

14 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

Are you using the latest version? If so this might happen if you have just copied the new version into the old one and then ovewriting the files. The old version uses a special object placer plugin and the new version does not but places the ojects the normal way - if you just copy the new one into the old one the plugin is still there and some objects might be placed two times then causing this kind of flickering (and other glitches).

To fix this, please download the latest version, and prior to installation delete the old Chania folders from Custom Scenery, then install the scenery again from your downloaed package. If you are using Aerosoft One please uninstall the scenery in Aerosoft One, make sure all the Chania folders are removed from Custom Scenery, then install again.

I bought the scenery 3 days ago so I am using whatever version is available on the x-plane.org store. I just tried reinstalling it by first deleting all the folder and it made no difference. I also tried with the included mesh and the ortho4xp patch, no difference. 

5 hours ago, Marten said:

I'm not sure if org store updates their version. Can you please check if there is a plugins folder inside the scenery folder? 

There is no plugins folder in the scenery folder.

• Developer

Then you are using the latest version and this might be a general issue with the terminal objects. I will have a look and try to reproduce the issue.

• Developer

I got it... there where indeed some objects placed twice. Please try this hotfix and report back:

1. Download Aerosoft_LGSA Chania_FlickerFix.zip
  2. Open zip file
  3. Open folder "Aerosoft - LGSA Chania - 2 - Airport"
  4. Copy "Earth nav data" folder into your Chania Airport layer (should be named as the folder from step 3 but I'm not sure it's exactly the same)
  5. Overwrite files

17 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

I got it... there where indeed some objects placed twice. Please try this hotfix and report back:

1. Download Aerosoft_LGSA Chania_FlickerFix.zip
  2. Open zip file
  3. Open folder "Aerosoft - LGSA Chania - 2 - Airport"
  4. Copy "Earth nav data" folder into your Chania Airport layer (should be named as the folder from step 3 but I'm not sure it's exactly the same)
  5. Overwrite files

Yes, that fixed it. Thank you very much!

Archived