Acceleration Issues (A320)

Arpal

Hello to everyone,

I am experiencing the following issue: at the acceleration stages of the flight (acceleration altitude and FL100) the aircraft does not simply pitch down but nearly levels off in order to reach the desired speeds.  I see vertical speeds of 200 and 300 feet/minute which when close to the ground is not ideal. Especially when you take off with flaps 2 and V2+10 is around 150, then the aircraft stays almost level until 250 and then abrubptly pitches up.  The same happens during descent at FL100, descenting from FL105 to FL100 takes forever.

I am pretty sure this is not normal.  Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Jonas S. said:

Hi,

does this happen all the time or only recently at some airports? Can you try to capture a screenshot of that situation?

It happens all the time.  I am not heavy, i mostly fly with 59 tons ZFW and 6-10 tons of fuel. On my last flight, i tried to overcome it by accelerating with manual vertical speed around 1500 feet/minute and the inncrease in speed was sufficient, so it is not a matter of performance.  Moreover, the same is done during decceleration at FL100, so weight is not a factor for sure

You can see my initial climb in picture no1. Everythings seems normal

In picture no2 and after flaps1 the aircraft literally levels off in order to gain speed

The same continues in picture no3, after flaps 0

In the fourth picture, you can see my weights (took it before departure, although i believe weight is irrelevant in this situatio)

Any help would be appreciater.  Regards

Edit, pictures appear in the opposite orde, sorry :)

Please login to display this image.

Archived