Does not reach cruising altitude

Hello to all.
On my last flights, the CRJ fails to reach cruising altitude.
In practice, at a few thousand from the cruising altitude it slows down, rises 100/200 feet / minute until it stops completely without reaching the altitude.
Given the above, I carry out the Climb ascent at 290 knots as per procedure.
Thank you all.

I don't think I'm too heavy, I had set 50 passengers, 1000 kg of luggage, with a ZFW of about 26.0.

I always set this data for my flights and I have never had any problems until these last 2 flights.

Both flights with 4000 kg of fuel and take-off trim of 6.6.

I was trying to reach 33,000 feet, but it got stuck at 29,600.

You should not climb to cruise at 290 knots all the way.  Here is the procedure....

1. Take off

2. At acceleration altitude bug up to 240 or 250 (I go to 250)

3. At 10,000 feet bug up to 290

4. At the transition (around FL240, but the transition is when 290kias equals Mach 0.74) switch to Mach speed and climb the rest of the way at Mach 0.74

5. You will not always climb like a rocket.  The higher you go the lower your climb rate will be.  Be patient trying to reach the upper limits.

6. When you reach cruise stay in climb thrust until you accelerate to cruise speed.  I normally cruise around Mach 0.80 +/- but always well shy of the barber pole. 

7. Don't try and be exact on cruise speed, just add/subtract thrust to maintain an "about" cruise speed.  

8. Stay alert for wind/pressure changes that will require immediate attention to the throttles.

Also, last but not least, MSFS is notorious for it's simulated icing.  It is much more aggressive than reality.  Make sure you have icing set as visual only until they get that kink ironed out. 

one other note

I always use the option of setting a ZFW and fuel quantity.  I let the EFB figure out where it puts the weight.  That has never failed me yet.

12 hours ago, Crabby said:

You should not climb to cruise at 290 knots all the way.  Here is the procedure....

1. Take off

2. At acceleration altitude bug up to 240 or 250 (I go to 250)

3. At 10,000 feet bug up to 290

4. At the transition (around FL240, but the transition is when 290kias equals Mach 0.74) switch to Mach speed and climb the rest of the way at Mach 0.74

5. You will not always climb like a rocket.  The higher you go the lower your climb rate will be.  Be patient trying to reach the upper limits.

6. When you reach cruise stay in climb thrust until you accelerate to cruise speed.  I normally cruise around Mach 0.80 +/- but always well shy of the barber pole. 

7. Don't try and be exact on cruise speed, just add/subtract thrust to maintain an "about" cruise speed.  

8. Stay alert for wind/pressure changes that will require immediate attention to the throttles.

Also, last but not least, MSFS is notorious for it's simulated icing.  It is much more aggressive than reality.  Make sure you have icing set as visual only until they get that kink ironed out. 

Thanks for your help, I did not know that the climb must always be done at Mach 0.74, really nice, problem solved, thanks

Archived