Problem setting trim on PMDG B737 NGX

Joez

When setting trim preflight (on FSX-Steam), as I try to set the trim lower for takeoff, the wheel automatically resets up. Whichever method I use to lower the trim before takeoff (number keys or Thrustmaster control buttons), the wheel resets the trim back to the highest setting. What am I missing?

The situation I describe is on the ground before takeoff. Autopilot is not engaged. After setting up the Flight Management Computer through the Control Display Unit, the next steps are to set some of the controls (including the Elevator Trim). That's where I encounter the problem.

According to the instructions, I am to set the trim at 5.91. It is all the way at the top (15+). I can adjust the trim down, but as soon as I release the button, it rolls back up. I don't know why, and I don't know of a way to stop or lock it where I want it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Your very best place for help with any PMDG product is their dedicated support forum here. Once there, look in the appropriate forum sub-section. Aerosoft is simply a retailer. Developer support should always be your first choice to ask.

Also, since you're asking about an FSX Steam Edition (FSX:SE) product, this isn't the place for that either. This is for Microsoft Flight Simulator, which was released in August 2020. "FSX" is short for Microsoft's Flight Simulator version 10 (Roman numeral "X"), released in 2006. The next time you need help with an FSX or FSX:SE product that doesn't have it's own dedicated support forum, please ask in the Aerosoft FSX and FSX:SE forum area here.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Happy to help, Joez.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived