[HGS] Control Panel, display type should be dot-matrix instead of LCD

KuntaKinte

Well, everything is possible. But I've been flying the CRJ 200, 700, 900 and 900NG for a total of 20 years now and this panel still looks the same. So, someone has to show me first 😉 

On 10/27/2021 at 8:53 PM, KuntaKinte said:

Well, everything is possible. But I've been flying the CRJ 200, 700, 900 and 900NG for a total of 20 years now and this panel still looks the same. So, someone has to show me first 😉 

Oh, I didn't realize you where a RW pilot 🙂. I guess that settles it 

• 1 month later...

Dear AS Reps/Devs,

since you never responded to this report, I would like to know:

Can you confirm that

• you are able to reproduce this bug?
  • this is is on your bug tracking list?

On 12/16/2021 at 10:32 AM, KuntaKinte said:

Dear AS Reps/Devs,

since you never responded to this report, I would like to know:

Can you confirm that

• you are able to reproduce this bug?
  • this is is on your bug tracking list?

Looks pretty spot on to me.  Why would you show a pic from a manual when you could just take a real photo next time you actually fly the plane?

Please login to display this image.

On 12/22/2021 at 6:54 PM, Crabby said:

Why would you show a pic from a manual when you could just take a real photo next time you actually fly the plane?

If you look at my other threads, you will notice that I have done just that a few times.

In this case, I felt that my finding and a screenshot from the manual was sufficient.

1 hour ago, KuntaKinte said:

If you look at my other threads, you will notice that I have done just that a few times.

In this case, I felt that my finding and a screenshot from the manual was sufficient.

Well, since all the CRJ-700 cockpit posters I find have similar font to the AS CRJ, I will go with that unless I see something from a real CRJ pilot taken from a real cockpit AND they can show that that is the only FONT option on the HGS control panel. 

2 hours ago, Crabby said:

Well, since all the CRJ-700 cockpit posters I find have similar font to the AS CRJ, I will go with that unless I see something from a real CRJ pilot taken from a real cockpit AND they can show that that is the only FONT option on the HGS control panel. 

don't know what you know but kunta is correct.  it is a dot matrix display.  easy to find on the interweb.  also, mjc q400 has it correct.

On 12/23/2021 at 9:35 PM, dfw said:

don't know what you know but kunta is correct.  it is a dot matrix display.  easy to find on the interweb.  also, mjc q400 has it correct.

Well I could be wrong, I was once.  However, I cannot find a cockpit picture of the CRJ with that system in view.  The only thing I found was a cockpit poster. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 12/24/2021 at 4:35 AM, dfw said:

easy to find on the interweb

What be interesting to get a link. I spend a lot of time with google search and what I find:

- tons of cockpit pictures and videos

- 90% of them had no HGS and therefore no CP

- 9% where the CP was visible, it was turned off

- 1% the pictures were so blurry that you could not even make a guess

- even on Collin‘s website I only found pictures of the HUD iitself

So maybe somebody else has more luck.

Archived