Dear AS Reps/Devs,

since you never responded to this report, I would like to know:

Can you confirm that

• you are able to reproduce this bug?
  • this is is on your bug tracking list?
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

so is aerosoft going to act on these reports of inaccuracies or just call it 'good enough' and call it a day?  appreciate some feedback or directions on how the software purchased is going to be improved, if that's the intention.

11 hours ago, dfw said:

so is aerosoft going to act on these reports of inaccuracies or just call it 'good enough' and call it a day?  appreciate some feedback or directions on how the software purchased is going to be improved, if that's the intention.

I don't think they called it a day, but you do know that season 4 of Yellowstone is upon us.  Most people are preparing for that at this time.  Season 3 left quite the cliff hanger.  Talk about improvement!  Season 1 was amazing and you probably thought, "how could this get any better?".  Well it did in season 2 and 3.

• 4 months later...

so we got an underwhelming update recently, is aerosoft going to address the easier non-lnav fixes any time soon like this hud symbology issue?  such a shame the crj allowed to wither on the vine...

Havent had a chance to use the CRJ since the update, but I think I remember @Secondator saying that the HGS didn't receive any love yet. I'm not sure whether Secondator being assigned to the CRJ means that Aerosoft will actually record/acknowledge this...but I'm hoping it does.

On 7/4/2022 at 10:27 PM, dfw said:

so we got an underwhelming update recently, is aerosoft going to address the easier non-lnav fixes any time soon like this hud symbology issue?  such a shame the crj allowed to wither on the vine...

I'm thinking at best, we'll get a partial fix for the last "update" and that will pretty much be it for any future improvements.     I can't see these guys investing any further time on this product, some of these issues were flagged ages ago and Aerosoft hasn't even bothered to acknowledge the questions being asked, let alone show any interest in fixing their product. 

• Upvote 1

Mathijs - while I appreciate your comments, I do have to wonder about something.     In RL, I am a Project Manager.   If I ever told a paying customer of mine that a deliverable was coming but I had more important tasks to address first, I'd be out of a job.   At minimum, I'd be asked to either manage my time better or get additional help so that I can meet my commitments.     

I find it sadly telling that you took the time to reply to my post within hours but have yet to respond to Kunta Kinte's original question on the HGS issue that he posted close to a year ago.   Please don't bother replying (unless you have an update on the HGS question).

Respectfully,

John

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, jay jay said:

If I ever told a paying customer of mine that a deliverable was coming but I had more important tasks to address first, I'd be out of a job.

Well I am sorry that you are not able to be that open and honest with customers. See, for sure you have been in the same situation, there are several projects that are competing for resources and you have to make decisions. At this moment the CRJ is still selling very well, the comments we get are still rather positive, it's on a 4.5 rating in the Marketplace as far as I recall. The pressure to add things is not very high. There will be updates on the CRJ, two weeks ago we released an update for the P3D version that was released five years ago. How many companies do that?

There is also the added complication that this part of the project is not done internally, but by my good friend Hans Hartmann who has his own company and makes his own choices. So while he and I discuss things on a daily base, my (Aerosoft's) wishes are only part of what leads to decisions. 

So while we fully agree that adding things to the HUD would be very welcome (and is on the list), it simply does not have priority. We have page after page of things we like to add to a project like the CRJ. The HGS roll scale is important for some, other things are way more important for other people. Simply put a project like this is never 'ready', if you give me 12 devs for a year on the CRJ I can for sure keep them happy. But then I would be out of a job.

Of course I am sorry you are not a happy customer, I run the support department after all. But the simple fact is that it is unavoidable that customers want things that are at that moment not possible to deliver. I find however that discussing that like this is the only way to deal with it.  I have no problem what so ever to say that we have more important things to do than the HGS Roll scale and again find it sad that saying something like that would loose you your job.

-------

The fact I did not react to the original message was simply because I did not read it. I am unable to read all comments on the forum. We have however just implemented a new system that allows the forum moderators to insert comments like this into the tracker system. That way they are better logged and better documented. As we do more and more projects (more and more professional and more and more stand-alone releases, Flight Simulation is at this moment not even the biggest part of Aerosoft) this will help us to keep track of these things.

Please login to display this image.

This an option only moderators and support staff have of course. 

• Like 3

@Mathijs Kokif you could make that new tracker visible to all, but only modifiable by mods, that might solve a lot of the community complaints over lack of communication/documentation on what things are and are not known or in work.

If the format is appropriate, of course.

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, Joe Markowski said:

@Mathijs Kokif you could make that new tracker visible to all, but only modifiable by mods, that might solve a lot of the community complaints over lack of communication/documentation on what things are and are not known or in work.

If the format is appropriate, of course.

Unfortunately that is not possible. The new tracker is meant only for internal use including information that we must keep confidential for various reasons (not just for the CRJ but other products as well). 

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

This topic has side tracked to off-topic already, and I think Mathijs already gave the answer to the original question. We are aware of this issue but right now it's not at the top of our priority list. With that I'll lock this topic as answered.