RAT auto-deploying without need!!!

DMullert

Hello Team.

This evening I did a short circuit around KCLT with the CRJ to test SU6 further.  I started to hear a weird noise as I increased speed during taxi but at first I did not recognize what it was until later in the flight I realized it was the RAT which had deployed by itself.  The weird thing is that this was a normal flight and I had no issues with engines or power to cause an auto-deploy.........so what may have caused an uncommanded auto-deploy of the RAT?  Any ideas how to stow it back in case it auto-deploys without necessity?

Thanks

6 hours ago, DMullert said:

so what may have caused an uncommanded auto-deploy of the RAT?

You might have accidentally triggered the ADG deploy handle. Since the electrical power supply is normal there should be no messages on the EICAS STATUS page.

Other than that, I remember a wrong control binding being the problem in some cases.

6 hours ago, DMullert said:

Any ideas how to stow it back in case it auto-deploys without necessity?

The Operating Manual is your friend 🙂

Please login to display this image.

4 hours ago, KuntaKinte said:

You might have accidentally triggered the ADG deploy handle. Since the electrical power supply is normal there should be no messages on the EICAS STATUS page.

Other than that, I remember a wrong control binding being the problem in some cases.

The Operating Manual is your friend 🙂

Please login to display this image.

Thanks for your reply.  Never thought of going into the iPad.  Thanks for the tip.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived