Simconnect CTD - Failed to CallDispatch error

DMullert

Hello Gang!

I haven't had any CTD's in a very long time until now.  All my CTD's so far have happened with the CRJ and flying out of DD's KDCA.  Same error - CTD Simconnect Failed to CallDispatch.  I updated to SU6 yesterday and so far it's been a very solid update until this started to happen.

Any ideas?

Dennis

Most of the reported CTD's are occurring WHILE flying the CRJ not BECAUSE of flying the CRJ.  Meaning....it is most like a scenery, livery or other item in your community folder.  When updating you should ALWAYS clear the community folder.  This can be done a couple of ways.  1. copying a pasting the contents to desktop or another location of your choice

2. using a program like Addon Manager to control the contents of the community folder (this is the recommended way).

After update you should also clear your scenery cache.  

Once this is done add your stuff back into the community folder as needed.  I start with the CRJ and see how the stock sim behaves.  Then liveries and scenery as needed.  I normally only have the airports I am flying to and from active in my community folder.  No sense in clogging it up with stuff in another hemisphere if not being used.  An added benefit is quicker load times for the sim.

In the case of the OP, if you use Addon manager, there are two included tools to check the model library and materials library entries on scenery.  Many developers, including payware, do not adhere to the recommendations of the SDK.  This is a known cause of CTDs.  I have yet to see a CTD being caused by the CRJ.  It has always been liveries and scenery and happen to occur while using the CRJ.

Archived