Programming the Throttle quadrant RH rotary knob to change OBS1 settings using the CRS FCU_Selector function on C172SP from LR

Guten tag gentlemen,

I am having all sorts of difficulties getting the Honeycomb Controls to do more than the default functions they were shipped with.

One of my issues is that I want my RH Rotary Dial knob to change my OBS1 settings when when I select CRS on the FCU_Selector dial.

I did not make any changes to the FCU_SELECTOR string condition #4 (CRS) but changed the variable under Condition #4 on the Rotary Dial Variable selection to OBS1_up and OBS1_Down.  It would be logical that this change would result in the OBS for VOR1 changing its value when the FCU_Selector is on CRS and I am turning the rotary dial.  This does not work.  Can you suggest an approach to fix this.

Secondly, as the C172SP has two VORs, I would like to set up a Toggle Switch on the Throttle to change OBS2 setting when a condition is set.  The best solution would be to input a condition when a toggle switch is "ON" to modify OBS1 and modify OBS2 when the switch is in the OFF position (basically, use the toggle switch to tell the configurator which OBS to modify).

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Regs,

Andre

• Aerosoft

Hi Andre,

I have dished up a test profile for you to see how you can use one of the toggle switches (in this case the far left one) to switch between OBS1 and OBS2. Just import it via the Configurator. I hope you can make use of the technique in your profile.

In addition, you can e.g. check out this post in our tutorial section or those videos on YouTube. Even though some of that is aimed at the FSX ecosystem, it provides some basic understanding of things.

OBS_Test.json

Guten tag @BenBaron,

I am afraid I have a "No Joy" on the test profile.

I have been trying to do this on both, the Laminar Profile C172SP and Baron 58.  As I was getting nowhere with the coding on the C172SP, I decided to try something different by assigning CRS to OBS1 and IAS to OBS2.

I can get OBS1 to work on the Bendix King in the Baron 58 however I cannot get this programming to work on either the OBS2 gauge in the Baron or both OBS1 and OBS2 in the C172 (Laminar gauges)

Is this something you can help me with?

Thanking you in advance,

Andre

• Aerosoft

Hi Andre,

I need to know exactly what is happening or not happening for you.

So, you are saying you are importing and activating the OBS_Test profile from above, loading up the default Cessna Skyhawk in X-Plane and also seeing the in sim message indicating that the profile has been activated? Then, on the Bravo, you move the AP selector to "CRS", toggle the most left switch but get no reaction on either OBS1 or OBS2 using INCR/DECR?

What is important is that you actively move the AP selector into "CRS", even if it has been there before, after the profile has been loaded up and also toggle the most left OBS selector at least once. Otherwise, the plugin does not know the state those switches are in.

Archived