CRJ 900/1000 (released)

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
52 minutes ago, Steve Lorenz said:

How can we interpret “in the holding awaiting clearance“? Wasn’t the release of the 900/1000 already postponed to October?

I am unable to give more details.

vor 7 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Just some information we did not share yet:

CRJ 550/700                              42,01€ (plus VAT when applicable) 

CRJ 550/700/900/1000       58,82€ (plus VAT when applicable)

CRJ 900/1000 Upgrade        16,80€ (plus VAT when applicable)          

Please note the 900/1000 upgrade assume the 550/700 is installed, it is not a stand alone version

Unable to give a release date, but we are in the holding awaiting clearance. We assume the product will be released in the Marketplace at the same time as we release it.

Very fair Upgrade Price, thank you for that.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Aerof_ ly said:

Hi @Mathijs Kokvery good news one question can we expect the CRJ 900/1000 tomorrow or next week?

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am unable to give more details.

Mathijs has already said he can't give any info regarding the release, I'd also assume like the 550/700 we might get a date a week or so before

Will there be any improvements to the 550/700? I'd like to see the autopilot improved before I consider buying.

For example, Theflyingfabio's twitch stream this week in the CRJ was a shambles, he was very unhappy with how it performed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, oisk said:

Will there be any improvements to the 550/700? I'd like to see the autopilot improved before I consider buying.

For example, Theflyingfabio's twitch stream this week in the CRJ was a shambles, he was very unhappy with how it performed.

Yea I agree. There were clearly few game breaking bugs, and it's been a while since CRJ had an update. Worries me a bit about the fate of the Twin Otter...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, Aerof_ ly said:

Hi @Mathijs Kokvery good news one question can we expect the CRJ 900/1000 tomorrow or next week?

Answer to a similar question a few posts above yours:

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

... Please note the 900/1000 upgrade assume the 550/700 is installed, it is not a stand alone version

Unable to give a release date, but we are in the holding awaiting clearance. We assume the product will be released in the Marketplace at the same time as we release it.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just some information we did not share yet:

CRJ 550/700                              42,01€ (plus VAT when applicable) 

CRJ 550/700/900/1000       58,82€ (plus VAT when applicable)

CRJ 900/1000 Upgrade        16,80€ (plus VAT when applicable)          

Please note the 900/1000 upgrade assume the 550/700 is installed, it is not a stand alone version

Does this update also address some of the long-standing bugs with the 550/700, e.g. LNAV taking a long time to settle after a turn, EFB approach speeds being properly calculated, speed tape discrepancies between the top number and the one on the tape, multiple FMS bugs, etc?

P.S. While I think I understand why you’re trying to release at the same time directly and via Marketplace, you’d make the customers who came to you directly feel better about it if you released to them when ready with a disclaimer that the Marketplace version is coming ASAP. Unless your Asobo deal precludes that option of course.

GL with the release!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Moridin said:

Does this update also address some of the long-standing bugs with the 550/700, e.g. LNAV taking a long time to settle after a turn, EFB approach speeds being properly calculated, speed tape discrepancies between the top number and the one on the tape, multiple FMS bugs, etc?

P.S. While I think I understand why you’re trying to release at the same time directly and via Marketplace, you’d make the customers who came to you directly feel better about it if you released to them when ready with a disclaimer that the Marketplace version is coming ASAP. Unless your Asobo deal precludes that option of course.

GL with the release!

Well said....but what about the altitude hold or descend bug? This causes the plane to climb when it should hold or descend. Check out TheFlyingFabio's twitch stream from earlier this week.....if Aerosoft responded and said what he did wrong and explained how to avoid this I'd be happy, but I have the same problems as Fabio.

He said live on stream: It's as if Aerosoft just released this to make money and didn't bother to fix the bugs (I paraphrased). Skip forward to after TOD, or to the arrival, he was forced to hand fly the SID into Split.  stream is here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1181039320

• Root Admin
15 hours ago, oisk said:

We are planning an update but it does not come with the 900/1000. If you feel these are game breaking I serious suggest not to buy this update right now.

Not seen that stream myself though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oisk said:

Well said....but what about the altitude hold or descend bug? This causes the plane to climb when it should hold or descend. Check out TheFlyingFabio's twitch stream from earlier this week.....if Aerosoft responded and said what he did wrong and explained how to avoid this I'd be happy, but I have the same problems as Fabio.

He said live on stream: It's as if Aerosoft just released this to make money and didn't bother to fix the bugs (I paraphrased). Skip forward to after TOD, or to the arrival, he was forced to hand fly the SID into Split.  stream is here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1181039320

Although Aerosoft nor Asobo would likely never confirm this, but it seems pretty clear that SU5 significantly broke a bunch of things that SU6 has tried to address without acknowledging that. Now clearly SU6 doesn't fix things that might have previously been broken, but it gets you back to a point that you can work on such...

Assuming that's actually what's going it put Aerosoft in a tight spot.... try to fix things within an update that was potentially going to have parts of it rolled-back, or wait until there is an update that will form the basis of what will be used going forward. Personally I sympathize, its like the phrase "moving the goalposts" but on top of that they are changing the rules of the game as they go too!      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oisk said:

one thing that you failed to mention - Fabio did the stream BEFORE SU6 was live so maybe, as @bluemoon51 said earlier, some bugs were fixed with the latest update. Having said so, I also think that Aerosoft should work on the remaining bugs ASAP as failing to deliver bug-free (ish) CRJ would hurt their Twotter sales.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tal A. said:

one thing that you failed to mention - Fabio did the stream BEFORE SU6 was live so maybe, as @bluemoon51 said earlier, some bugs were fixed with the latest update. Having said so, I also think that Aerosoft should work on the remaining bugs ASAP as failing to deliver bug-free (ish) CRJ would hurt their Twotter sales.

True, it was still SU5 (just before SU6 dropped). You think SU6 fixed some stuff on the CRJ, maybe. if so, Mathijs Kok should tell us that. I have no desire to waste a few hours trying it out to see if the bugs are gone. I would love to fly a working CRJ, it's a great addon for a really fair price, I commend Aerosoft for this, without the CRJ we wouldn't have any airliners in MSFS at all. But the bugs are just a deal breaker for me right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are planning an update but it does not come with the 900/1000. If you feel these are game breaking I serious suggest not to buy this update right now.

Not seen that stream myself though.

Thanks Mathijs, glad to hear, please keep us posted on the progress with the update.

57 minutes ago, oisk said:

True, it was still SU5 (just before SU6 dropped). You think SU6 fixed some stuff on the CRJ, maybe. if so, Mathijs Kok should tell us that. I have no desire to waste a few hours trying it out to see if the bugs are gone. I would love to fly a working CRJ, it's a great addon for a really fair price, I commend Aerosoft for this, without the CRJ we wouldn't have any airliners in MSFS at all. But the bugs are just a deal breaker for me right now.

I did complete a full 5 hour rotation in the 700 yesterday and had 0 bugs/issues, so for me at least the CRJ is fine on SU6 but as @bluemoon51 said, MSFS isn't like P3D/XPL and things are always changing, some good and some bad, plus I know some developers are complaining and concerned they'll release a update next week for SU7 to break it and they'll have to update again. So all issues can't be put solely on the dev

Also to be clear the CRJ isn't the only airliner available for MSFS by definition, as we have the FBW A32NX and PMDGs DC6, so don't go making sweeping statements ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

I did complete a full 5 hour rotation in the 700 yesterday and had 0 bugs/issues, so for me at least the CRJ is fine on SU6 but as @bluemoon51 said, MSFS isn't like P3D/XPL and things are always changing, some good and some bad, plus I know some developers are complaining and concerned they'll release a update next week for SU7 to break it and they'll have to update again. So all issues can't be put solely on the dev

Also to be clear the CRJ isn't the only airliner available for MSFS by definition, as we have the FBW A32NX and PMDGs DC6, so don't go making sweeping statements ;) 

Thanks, good to know. I'll try it then.

Feature complete jet airliner then ;)

• Like 2