Can't Release Parking Brake

My setup is Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo. I also have tried Axis and Oh's controller interface app and the Toolbar Pushback app (the trouble seemed to start after that, but I've removed it).

The problem doesn't happen in any other plane that I tried (172, King Air, etc).

I can manually see the parking brake release when I use the mouse to release it in the cockpit, but the EFIS display still shows PARKING BRAKE ON. Nothing I do will get it to go off. Any ideas? I've tried different controller profiles and more to no avail.

1 hour ago, Puuhbear said:

did you remove the chocks?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the chocks would not cause the EFIS display to show "PARKING BRAKE ON", would it??? If so, how can that be accurate? They're not like digital blocks.

22 minutes ago, Agrajag27 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the chocks would not cause the EFIS display to show "PARKING BRAKE ON", would it??? If so, how can that be accurate? They're not like digital blocks.

It's not a great implementation, but this is the way it works in the Aerosoft CRJ. Chocks are not a concept in Flight Simulator so to fake it they have to use the parking brake. I still think it should be an easy fix to avoid showing the message on screen if chocks are in place and the parking break lever is disengaged though.

38 minutes ago, Aplato said:

It's not a great implementation, but this is the way it works in the Aerosoft CRJ. Chocks are not a concept in Flight Simulator so to fake it they have to use the parking brake. I still think it should be an easy fix to avoid showing the message on screen if chocks are in place and the parking break lever is disengaged though.

Well, dang, that's probably the issue then. Just likely an oversight. Very strange to remember, but now impossible to forget (I hope).

• 5 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived