Simple Traffic preview (Released)

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
6 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

also, if purchase directly from Aerosoft for PC, it has open file structure in Community Folder - which may have advantages for PC version…

Yes, if you want to tweak with it, that's an advantage. But that is only for a small minority of users of course. For the vast majority install and forget will be the norm.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 3:18 PM, Herman said:

KPAE (the Boing factory, thinking about what the new aircraft "parking lot" looks like, plus it does have scheduled air carrier activity) and KBUR with the Orbx add-on.

I think it would be a tall order for Microsoft to have any idea what airlines the airplanes parked at the factory belong to. If Microsoft uses flight numbers, the flight numbers of new aircraft do not correspond to the companies who bought them until at, or near, delivery date. For example, my airline has a 747-8F that was last flown from the factory as flight BOE694 and MSFS would have no idea that this is a future UPS aircraft. What might be interesting, if MSFS did include BOEXXX flights, would be for Aerosoft to substitute a green paint “primer” livery as if the new airplane had not received its final livery yet. Of course, it would be difficult, if even possible, to know the aircraft type. But, as I mentioned, I have no idea if MSFS has any idea about BOEXXX flights.

That was a very interesting video.

I have not made up my mind will I buy this, but I might. It would be great to install it and just forget. I have had my share of all that installing and tuning up with the sim for years and years. As I get older, I want to fly! In that sence this product is interesting.

There seems to be no alliance liveries of any kind. Right? Is there just one livery per airline?

• Root Admin
3 hours ago, speedster? said:

There seems to be no alliance liveries of any kind. Right? Is there just one livery per airline?

Correct. not easy to do it otherwise as they still have to match the schedules and real traffic. But we could add some.

• Upvote 1

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, Aerologic said:

I may have missed this, is the addon still supposed to be published tomorrow? I yes, any specific time?

Yes, I see no reason not to release tomorrow, it all seems 100% stable and nothing unexpected popped up in the last 10 days. Early afternoon (Paris time) is most likely. It will be offered to our affiliates and Microsoft Marketplace at the same time. When they handle it is not in our control of course.

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, I see no reason not to release tomorrow, it all seems 100% stable and nothing unexpected popped up in the last 10 days. Early afternoon (Paris time) is most likely. It will be offered to our affiliates and Microsoft Marketplace at the same time. When they handle it is not in our control of course.

Great my credit card is waiting 

• Root Admin
4 minutes ago, blizzardx said:

the product was announced for November the 15th 2021, but it isn't possible to buy it by Aerosft store anymore.

Well Nov 15th is right now and we still intend to put it online today. Just not at 00:01. 

Is it possible to install simple traffic without Aerosoft One?

I don’t really wanna wait 10000x weeks till it goes through Microsoft & gets on the marketplace.

Just would want the file and then manually drop it in my community folder.

I don’t want another redundant installer/launcher installed on my pc especially just for this “simple product.” (Lol)

• Root Admin
14 minutes ago, streetsmark said:

Is it possible to install simple traffic without Aerosoft One?

I don’t really wanna wait 10000x weeks till it goes through Microsoft & gets on the marketplace.

Just would want the file and then manually drop it in my community folder.

I don’t want another redundant installer/launcher installed on my pc especially just for this “simple product.” (Lol)

Aerosoft One is our system and not linked to the Marketplace, so no need to wait. And all our new products will use One because it makes things a lot easier for most people to install and keep up to date. Keep in mind it is not something that stays in memory like the Steam launcher. It is just used to install and update. So the same as a standard setup.exe would be. 

• Mathijs Kok changed the title to Simple Traffic preview (Released)
  • Mathijs Kok locked and pinned this topic