Simple Traffic preview (Released)

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin

On the product page we will ask people to download and read the manual before buying Simple Traffic as we want to avoid problems with support etc.  On the very first page it will show this:

image.png

I hope will avoid questions and problems.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mathijs, I suggest supplementing your first sentence with these two: Simple Traffic does NOT affect the positioning or routing (taxying or flying) of AI aircraft in any way.  it ONLY makes the aircraft look different.

As you note in the thread where this was posted, there's a frequent misunderstanding about this:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Developer
On 10/29/2021 at 8:00 AM, Er!k said:

Hi all, I would really encourage you to vote on this topic: this will make Simple Traffic even more realistic, and with a lot of votes the chance is bigger Asobo will look into it: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/on-line-ai-model-matching-for-not-recognised-lcao-codes/466509

Thanks for helping to bring this to Asobo's attention Er!k. Voted.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Developer
On 10/30/2021 at 8:08 PM, AirbusPaul said:

Please please please dont forget New Zealand and Australia.  We always get forgot about down here and to have this work would be amazing.  So excite.  And where is the airtbus for MSFS?

Hi AirbusPaul

Don't worry, we got you covered: Air New Zealand, Qantas, QantasLink, Virgin Australia, and Jetstar, are already included. Alliance and Qantas Freight being worked on.

• Like 3

• Root Admin
3 hours ago, Er!k said:

Very cool! @Simple Traffic Will you also allow users to upload liveries? I.e. will there be a mechenism where users can add 3rd party liveries or will all liveries be controlled by Simple Traffic?

We'll see. As I mentioned before the only way to keep it in the price bracket we decided, is to keep it very simple to handle.

• Root Admin

We have set a tentative release date of Nov 15th.

As said the price is set at €12.50 (plus VAT when applicable). That's 7 Eurocent per airline or 2 Eurocent per airport! 

With VAT that would be around €15 in the EU and around $15 for most US states.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Does YOUR sim look like this? Well for just 12,50 euro it can very soon.

image_2021_11_04T18_19_56_077Z.png

image_2021_11_04T18_19_42_830Z.png

image_2021_11_04T18_19_21_937Z.pngimage_2021_11_04T18_19_09_855Z.png

image_2021_11_04T18_18_58_258Z.png

image_2021_11_04T18_18_47_707Z.png

image_2021_11_04T18_18_33_017Z.png

image_2021_11_04T18_18_22_018Z.png

Great news, looks very vibrant!

i have a question obv out of the box this is intended for AI use, and i know thats what you guys are going to support,

i was just curios if you think the end user will be able to use these in a VMR for vatsim traffic? i get that you wouldnt support that as i mentioned earlier! just wondering i would love to have vatsim looking lively!

• Root Admin
16 hours ago, SpeedbirdSimulation said:

Great news, looks very vibrant!

i have a question obv out of the box this is intended for AI use, and i know thats what you guys are going to support,

i was just curios if you think the end user will be able to use these in a VMR for vatsim traffic? i get that you wouldnt support that as i mentioned earlier! just wondering i would love to have vatsim looking lively!

I honestly do not know but as they are very standard models it probably will work. But while VATSIM is big, they only cover a few percent of MSFS users and we are aiming for the big market with this product. I will however create a tweaking forum to assist in the wider use.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

KPAE (the Boing factory, thinking about what the new aircraft "parking lot" looks like, plus it does have scheduled air carrier activity) and KBUR with the Orbx add-on.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mathijs, related question to your request. With experience to date, does it make any difference whether one of the included airports is default or uses an add-on?

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Anybody wants to see traffic on a specific airport? Need to do some last tests tomorrow.

KATL

EDDF

KSFO

Das waeren meine Favoriten. 

Danke vorab, ich kann die Veroeffentlichung kaum abwarten!

• Mathijs Kok changed the title to Simple Traffic preview (Released)
  • Mathijs Kok locked and pinned this topic