Compatibility Sim Update 6, V1.20.6

simonedestradis

18 hours ago, rbringh said:

Seem the right mouse click to sync bugs is not working again. Everything else on my last flight seemed normal. Seems lift off was smoother...could be just a coincidence.

Evidently some other issue. After reboot right mouse click was working as usual.

11 hours ago, simpilot2450 said:

Hi Folks,

The CRJ will not load for me after SU6. It just freezes on the load page. Waited for over 30 mins and no luck. I rebooted and tried again and waited over 30 mins and it still wont load. 

I have flown other aircraft after SU6 with issue. Any thoughts?? Thanks

Also sharing this issue. I've tested with the CRJ being the only item in the community folder, also a complete reinstallation of the CRJ, still no luck.

For some reason it loaded after over an hour of being forgotten in the background.

About the Heading, Speed and Pressure knobs: I found out that if you hover over them for a while, the icon does change to the hand and you can press the knob. It takes like 5 seconds or so (so, nothing for hectic moments during the flight) but it works…

On 10/20/2021 at 6:04 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Not really, as we are sure it is compatible, I would start with cleaning out your Community forum.

I have the exact same problem as him. All fine before the update and now it's stucked in loading screen.

For which ever update, SIM or aircraft I clean out the m-files for all the planes I own.

This may be unnecessary or Voodoo, but I can say that I have never had issues with planes/updates/ whatever....

Oliver

Done 2 flights right after the update without issues, except the known/reported ones.

Three greens

Oliver

I notice some microstutters with the CRJ post update, as well as fast fluttering of the ailerons in flight. Before the update this didn't happen. The microstutters aren't game breaking but they're noticable. The fluttering of the ailerons is only visible from the wingviews and doesn't actually seem to affect the way the aircraft flies. I have removed all other files from the community folder except the CRJ.

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, FSHomeCockpit said:

I notice some microstutters with the CRJ post update, as well as fast fluttering of the ailerons in flight. Before the update this didn't happen. The microstutters aren't game breaking but they're noticable. The fluttering of the ailerons is only visible from the wingviews and doesn't actually seem to affect the way the aircraft flies. I have removed all other files from the community folder except the CRJ.

Hi,

did you check your control settings in the simulator?

Yes everything is correct and looks fine in the control settings. Again, this was only in flight and only visible from the wingviews I have custom setup. moving the yoke didn't stabilize the fluttering of the ailerons at all, they still flutter while moving the ailerons.

So I just did a fresh install of the CRJ and the fluttering has stopped. However the little microstutters remain, nothing horrible or game breaking, just not buttery smooth like before SU6. I'm sure its not out of the question that some optimization needs to be done post update, but the aircraft is flyable. 

Beating a dead horse....

I have seen zero issues with ground handling...caveat.I use AAO for all my control bindings.

After 8 hours I have had zero CTDs.  Now comes the dead horse thing.  If you are having CTD did you remove EVERYTHING but the CRJ from the community folder?  99.9999% of the time, if you have a CTD it is WHILE you are flying the CRJ, not BECAUSE you are flying the CRJ.  It is most likely an airport, scenery or livery that does not comply with the requirements of the latest build.  So....

Remove everything but the CRJ and fly it with the stock liveries and see if the CTDs persist.  

It seems all aircraft are impacted by wind when on ground. Veering off the runway has been documented on the CRJ, DC-6, CJ4 WT, and JF Piper Arrows. Haven’t searched for others. A 2 KT crosswind has thrown people off the runway with full left/right rudder. Turning off live weather helps. Using REX Weather Force doesn’t help.

There is also a “nosedive” problem during approaches because of this too.

vor 16 Stunden , StanTGM sagte:

About the Heading, Speed and Pressure knobs: I found out that if you hover over them for a while, the icon does change to the hand and you can press the knob. It takes like 5 seconds or so (so, nothing for hectic moments during the flight) but it works…

hover over them, klick right mouse button and the hand will appear immediately. 

this is working as intendet and it's the normal behaviour since the release of WU5. it's not a bug in any way but a design choice by Asobo

10 hours ago, Moridin said:

It seems all aircraft are impacted by wind when on ground. Veering off the runway has been documented on the CRJ, DC-6, CJ4 WT, and JF Piper Arrows. Haven’t searched for others. A 2 KT crosswind has thrown people off the runway with full left/right rudder. Turning off live weather helps. Using REX Weather Force doesn’t help.

There is also a “nosedive” problem during approaches because of this too.

ALL aircraft should be affected by wind on the ground.  Holding left or right tiller/rudder/aileron  is not at all unusual during take off and even taxi under the right conditions.  With the CRJ and the FBW I have not seen anything that would be considered unusual for handling on the ground or approach using either the in sim weather or REX.  Have you looked into your control sensitivity setting?  In my case that is all handled through AAO, but if someone is using the sim for controller inputs, this may need attention after an update.  I don't know this for sure, but it would not surprise me.  Others in my VA are also not seeming to have these issues as it was discussed during a group flight yesterday.  

I will try the DC-6 today.  One thing to consider with the DC 6 is it may have counter rotating props....as of this second I can't recall if it does.  If it does not there will be a LOT of p-factor when going to take off power.....anyhow I will fire it up later and check.

I might suggest you and other look into either AAO or SpadNext....those programs allow you to move controllers outside of the sim environment.  At the very least, this will eliminate update to update issues that could cause a problem.  My in sim controller profiles are almost completely blank, only containing view settings.  

For what it's worth (and maybe not much since I've only done a few flights), I haven't experienced any new issues since SU6 was released. Just the same old bugs that I hope to see fixed in the next update. I did get the usual ~10 minute loading time for the first time after the update (which has happened after every sim update for me), but nothing noteworthy aside from that. In the past clearing out any of the m_ files and letting it recompile has always got me back to a usable state but I didn't have to do that this time around.

9 hours ago, Crabby said:

I might suggest you and other look into either AAO or SpadNext....those programs allow you to move controllers outside of the sim environment.  At the very least, this will eliminate update to update issues that could cause a problem.  My in sim controller profiles are almost completely blank, only containing view settings.  

I am using AAO. A 2 KT x-wind should not blow a CRJ or DC-6 off a runway with max rudder applied.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And this is ONLY with the CRJ? 

I have seen several reports about this for other aircraft.

I also had this issue with the experimental version of the FBW A320 which was actually much worse than what I experienced with the CRJ, but not their dev version. My JF Piper arrows (both turbo and non-turbo) and the default Asobo A320 have no issues and are perfectly smooth. I just did 2 more test flights with the CRJ-700 and still only experience some stutters on takeoff roll and the first few hundred feet of being airborne. Then its smooth the rest of the flight / landing.

21 hours ago, Moridin said:

I am using AAO. A 2 KT x-wind should not blow a CRJ or DC-6 off a runway with max rudder applied.

Hmm...weird.  I cannot replicate it.  I even did a crazy scenario with massive xwinds and kept it on the runway...barely...but the xwind was unrealistically high.  I'll keep an eye out for the issue. 

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Hmm...weird.  I cannot replicate it.  I even did a crazy scenario with massive xwinds and kept it on the runway...barely...but the xwind was unrealistically high.  I'll keep an eye out for the issue. 

Something changed with the weather. Again. I think there was a server-side tweak since yesterday. Better today, but still not perfect. BUT now I get massive wind changes and huge turbulence when switching METARs on Live Weather. So I was flying along at M.78, minding my own business, when suddenly the wind changed to +40 KTS TW which made me overspeed.

How the hell is this STILL a thing?

Archived