issue with command search for the SSG E-Jets E-170 & E-195

I have posted a message in the SSG forum but the only suggestion they had was setting up the Auto Pilot within X Plane which the configurator advises not to do.  I shared my Zibo.json information which I found via a google search so they would have an idea of what I was looking for.  But have received no further response.  I am using Windows 10.

I'll share my Zibo.Json file with you if this would be easier to edit then the default.  Any advice and information you could provide is greatly appreciated!

Zibo.json

If someone could at least respond to my post I would really appreciate it. I do not program computers for a living so all of this editing is way above my pay grade. Would have been nice if Honeycomb and Laminar actually coordinated things so the knobs, LED's  & warning lights could have done through X Plane alone just like the actual throttle quadrant itself.  I really do appreciate all the time Aerosoft has put in trying to bridge this gap and provide some video guidance along with the Honeycomb Configurator.  The default configuration is not working with any of my 3rd party aircraft which we are forced to buy since X Plane does not provide them with their software.

Any assistance in getting these very two great aircraft flying again would be greatly appreciated.

If there is any other information I need to provide, please do not hesitate to let me know.

If it helps at all, when I was configuring commands for the Saab 340A, I had to have the plane open in X-Plane and I had to go to the joystick configuration panel in X-Plane, find the command I wanted in the Saab section of the menu (clicking the '+' icon to expand the commands), highlight my mouse over it so that it would display the actual command, and then (in the Honeycomb Configurator) find the button/dial I wanted to assign that command to, select 'Conditions > CUSTOM NAME' and then type the highlighted command in the 'NAME:' field.

The Saab developer used a lot of custom commands for things like altitude dials and heading dials, so I assume that SSG does the same thing. However, the commands only show up if the plane is loaded and you are in the joystick menu.

Is this (kind of) what you're after?

Hello JC,

Had a very busy rest of the week and finally into my weekend where I am able to continue to try and get things working.

Jumping up and down on the SSG support forum helped.  They gave me the Datarefs which enabled me to get the selector knob and increase/decrease working but I still need the know what to place in the value field to get the led's and holds to work.  I have just responded to SSG in the hopes they can provide them as well.

As soon as I have it all working it is my intent to upload and share my configured json file here so others won't have to go through all of this as well.

Your suggestion worked too since the commands they sent me are the same as they appear in the keyboard list with the plane loaded & at the gate as you said.

I'm hoping they can provide the values as well.  I tried a few different combinations of changing 1's to 0's and adding a < or > along with a negative sign such as >=-1 but can't seem to get any of them to work.

Thank you very much for your reply and if you have any additional thoughts as it relates to the values as I await SSG's response will be greatly appreciated!

Joe

On 10/22/2021 at 8:14 PM, Captain Joe said:

Hello JC,

Had a very busy rest of the week and finally into my weekend where I am able to continue to try and get things working.

Jumping up and down on the SSG support forum helped.  They gave me the Datarefs which enabled me to get the selector knob and increase/decrease working but I still need the know what to place in the value field to get the led's and holds to work.  I have just responded to SSG in the hopes they can provide them as well.

As soon as I have it all working it is my intent to upload and share my configured json file here so others won't have to go through all of this as well.

Your suggestion worked too since the commands they sent me are the same as they appear in the keyboard list with the plane loaded & at the gate as you said.

I'm hoping they can provide the values as well.  I tried a few different combinations of changing 1's to 0's and adding a < or > along with a negative sign such as >=-1 but can't seem to get any of them to work.

Thank you very much for your reply and if you have any additional thoughts as it relates to the values as I await SSG's response will be greatly appreciated!

Joe

Busy weekend for me!

I haven't started trying to configure the SSG controls, but I will let you know. I am still really fuzzy on the LED lights and I am hoping the upcoming version of the configurator will clear that up. I really wish there was a manual on how to use this!

Had a very busy rest of my week and weekend for me as well.

SSG wasn't able to shed any additional light in getting the LED's working but at least the knobs are working.  I used the toggle switches to setup the Auto Throttle and engaging the Auto Pilot for now.  Everything else I'm using the mouse on the Auto Pilot panel.

Do we know when the next update of the configurator is coming out?  Hoping Laminar offers more support in future releases as well!

Archived