T.O. Trim. Where to set?

One of the questions I ran into during my tutorial flight was where one sets the Take-off Trim shown in the EFB. I saw two videos set it and in both they just did it without showing how they did it. 

Thank you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Since you're doing it right by running the tutorial, it's all there on page 3-1-11. For a "Quick-and-dirty" setting, 7.5 or 7.6 works well.

Please login to display this image.

7 hours ago, Agrajag27 said:

One of the questions I ran into during my tutorial flight was where one sets the Take-off Trim shown in the EFB. I saw two videos set it and in both they just did it without showing how they did it. 

Thank you.

You set it using the Trim switch on the yoke...  Then you see the value in the image below ... sorry about the image quality as I pulled it out of the manual..

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

You set it using the Trim switch on the yoke...  Then you see the value in the image below ... sorry about the image quality as I pulled it out of the manual..

That's what I thought, but aileron trim didn't seem to touch it at all (nor rudder, but that shouldn't be involved anyway).

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Since you're doing it right by running the tutorial, it's all there on page 3-1-11. For a "Quick-and-dirty" setting, 7.5 or 7.6 works well.

I did read that, but it still doesn't say HOW to adjust out. "Set Payload" didn't seem to sync them either.

Just now, Agrajag27 said:

Okay. I missed that one. Must be a microsoft limitation.

yes it is a weird thing... the second press "loads" it and the plane will shift in weight...  Also do not use the SIM Payload since that is doing that...  Just make sure that you have the MAC set to 35% in the Sim Payload ... done once is all you need..

2 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

yes it is a weird thing... the second press "loads" it and the plane will shift in weight...  Also do not use the SIM Payload since that is doing that...  Just make sure that you have the MAC set to 35% in the Sim Payload ... done once is all you need..

Must have screwed up somehow. I saw 7.2 on the EFB, but on the display it read 7.5. Clicking Set Payload... (twice) it didn't sync these two numbers.

6 hours ago, Agrajag27 said:

Must have screwed up somehow. I saw 7.2 on the EFB, but on the display it read 7.5. Clicking Set Payload... (twice) it didn't sync these two numbers.

No on the display it will not move that for you ...  you set the EFB .. Press it twice!! nice job...  Then you need to SET the trim to 7.2 by moving the Trim on the yoke...  or better on your yoke that you mapped the trim too..

4 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

No on the display it will not move that for you ...  you set the EFB .. Press it twice!! nice job...  Then you need to SET the trim to 7.2 by moving the Trim on the yoke...  or better on your yoke that you mapped the trim too..

THAT is what I was trying to get to. I have the aileron trim controls and rudder trim controls mapped on my Alpha and they work, but this screen never changes!

On 10/18/2021 at 8:12 PM, Agrajag27 said:

THAT is what I was trying to get to. I have the aileron trim controls and rudder trim controls mapped on my Alpha and they work, but this screen never changes!

Do you have Elevator Trim mapped too?  That is what needs to be used to adjust the trim for takeoff.

Archived