Tutorial (Chapter 3) Issue with STAR

Agrajag27

I just got around to finally digging into this great aircraft and took the tutorial flight. Learned a ton. However, I was hampered by the seeming reality that the AKANA3 STAR does not seem to exist any longer in the database. This threw off my flightplan and had various other ripple effects. I never got to try out the APPR functionality as a result as well. 

Just noting this in case Aerosoft can update the specifics to work with current data or explain how I goofed (I run Navigraph navdata).

• Deputy Sheriffs

That STAR was replaced in real life and therefor in the in-sim nav data. The correct arrival for the tutorial is the ROKI1A as shown in the updated 11 April 2021/ver. 1.01 tutorial flight. I see there are at least two conflicting versions of the tutorial out there, so do check for the date and version I noted. First, ensure your CRJ is updated to the current version if you haven't already done so, and see what version it adds. If it's not the 11 April one, here's a copy:

Vol3_Tutorial.pdf

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

That STAR was replaced in real life and therefor in the in-sim nav data. The correct arrival for the tutorial is the ROKI1A as shown in the updated 11 April 2021/ver. 1.01 tutorial flight. I see there are at least two conflicting versions of the tutorial out there, so do check for the date and version I noted.

Thanks Herman. Do you have a link for the updated for docs? I bought this from the MS Store and I don't seem to have the ability to download the manuals on this site through the links I've searched for.

Also, these files, like in the link you sent, all say, " Sorry, you aren't permitted to download this file" even thought I'm logged in. I assumed it was due to my having bought the plane through the app.

Archived