Flood, Pedestal lights and Radio stop working - Aerosoft A330 Professional

James Street

Good evening,

I have the A330 Professional installed on P3D v5.2 with HF1. When I'm cruising on long flights, if I don't touch in the knobs of the FLOOD LT, PEDESTAL LT or Radio frequencies swap, theses systems stop working. I've also noticed that, when online, if an ATC station disconnects spontaneously without me swapping the frequency, these three systems also stop working. The only solution is to restart the sim.

Current  AS 330 version: 1.0.5.0
P3D version: 5.2.22.27615

Hoping to hear from you, best regards,

Tiago.

This very well  may be due to a contiguous memory issue.  To test, try reducing your settings to default and repeat the flight.

By the way, to work around, save the flight and reload it. This will reset your in sim memory.

Best wishes.

On 10/18/2021 at 2:19 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

This very well  may be due to a contiguous memory issue.  To test, try reducing your settings to default and repeat the flight.

By the way, to work around, save the flight and reload it. This will reset your in sim memory.

Best wishes.

Hello Dave,

Yeah, that is what I do to solve it. Save the flight, restart the sim and reload it. By memory, you refer to RAM ... ? Bit confused here, because neither GPU, CPU or RAM are exceeded during flight with my settings.

I've also noticed that, by times to times, if I adjust the knobs and do a quick radio frequency swap, the problem doesn't appears. This is: if I keep using these knobs/buttons, the problem doesn't show up.

Waiting to hear, best regards,

Tiago.

On 10/19/2021 at 5:17 PM, James Street said:

Hello Dave,

Yeah, that is what I do to solve it. Save the flight, restart the sim and reload it. By memory, you refer to RAM ... ? Bit confused here, because neither GPU, CPU or RAM are exceeded during flight with my settings.

I've also noticed that, by times to times, if I adjust the knobs and do a quick radio frequency swap, the problem doesn't appears. This is: if I keep using these knobs/buttons, the problem doesn't show up.

Waiting to hear, best regards,

Tiago.

That's a good and fair question, and you are far from the first person to ask it.  It's not a straight forward as how much ram one has and if you look at my initial reply you'll see that I usd the term Continguous Memory.  The problem you're seeing is the same as those posts you'll see of the external of aircraft in flight showing as a sketeton (no skin), it's all about running out of large enough chunks of memory for the various programs running inside of flight sim and the addons, as well as the graphics eating up memory during your flight and that memory never gets released during your entire flight even when you arne't looking at this. 

This was a much larger issue back int he FSX (32 bit) days, and 64 bit flight sims like P3Dv4/v5 and X-Plane certainly made things better, but it's not a cure all. 

I hope this helps!

Best wishs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 4:56 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

That's a good and fair question, and you are far from the first person to ask it.  It's not a straight forward as how much ram one has and if you look at my initial reply you'll see that I usd the term Continguous Memory.  The problem you're seeing is the same as those posts you'll see of the external of aircraft in flight showing as a sketeton (no skin), it's all about running out of large enough chunks of memory for the various programs running inside of flight sim and the addons, as well as the graphics eating up memory during your flight and that memory never gets released during your entire flight even when you arne't looking at this. 

This was a much larger issue back int he FSX (32 bit) days, and 64 bit flight sims like P3Dv4/v5 and X-Plane certainly made things better, but it's not a cure all. 

I hope this helps!

Best wishs.

Well, regarding VRAM or simply RAM, there are no overloads at all, I constantly keep these under monitoring. Not saying this isn't the cause, just saying it's not that likely to be the issue. It looks a problem that it's internal to the add-on.

But, from what you say, there's no solution, is that it? Or way to minimize its occurrence.

Best regards,

Tiago

Archived