How can I see a distance to NAV1 or NAV2 stations?

Gilbnx

Is there a way to see the DME to a NAV1/NAV2 when I set the respective "bearing" in the PFD?

(meaning: Staying with NAV source of FMS1 so I can use NAV per my plan but seeing the distance to NAV1 when I select it as bearing)

If it's not possible in the CRJ, what usually IRL pilots do to get that distance?

Thanks.

The AOM Part 2, page 5-1-105 and -106 describes the function of the radio's DME function.

I don't know how real pilots usually do things, only my own 'procedures'. ;) I'm referring to the radio tuning unit on the middle console, left part. Where you fiddle with TCAS etc.

By clicking DME-H on an active, tuned NAV frequency you should get the DME info in the PFD and MFD. (I haven't flown for a month or two but that's how it worked back then IIRC).

5 hours ago, Gilbnx said:

Is there a way to see the DME to a NAV1/NAV2 when I set the respective "bearing" in the PFD?

(meaning: Staying with NAV source of FMS1 so I can use NAV per my plan but seeing the distance to NAV1 when I select it as bearing)

If it's not possible in the CRJ, what usually IRL pilots do to get that distance?

Thanks.

Click on DME-H in the RTU and you get the DME in the PFD. There is a bug where you can’t see DME on NAV1 and NAV2 at the same time. Will probably be fixed in next update release.

4 hours ago, TomAce said:

Click on DME-H in the RTU and you get the DME in the PFD. There is a bug where you can’t see DME on NAV1 and NAV2 at the same time. Will probably be fixed in next update release.

Thank you! Will check. 

On the PFD it is not possible to have a DME-H displayed while on NAV source FMS. The AS CRJ does that, but it is a bug: [PFD] DME-H distance should not be displayed with NAV source FMS

To solve your problem @Gilbnx you have to get a copy of the Copilot's NAV setup on your MFD:

Copilot's side

• NAV source: VOR (green needles)
  • RTU2: desired VOR or DME
  • FCP, CRS2: desired course

Captain's side

• MFD format: HSI compass (see below)
  • NAV source: press "PUSH X-SIDE" knob

Now you should have a DME distance (and/or VOR radial) from the Copilot on your MFD while your NAV source is FMS.

Please login to display this image.

On 10/25/2021 at 10:22 AM, KuntaKinte said:

On the PFD it is not possible to have a DME-H displayed while on NAV source FMS. The AS CRJ does that, but it is a bug: [PFD] DME-H distance should not be displayed with NAV source FMS

To solve your problem @Gilbnx you have to get a copy of the Copilot's NAV setup on your MFD:

Copilot's side

Captain's side

Now you should have a DME distance (and/or VOR radial) from the Copilot on your MFD while your NAV source is FMS.

Thank you @KuntaKinte ! Will try it in next flight.

On 10/25/2021 at 10:22 AM, KuntaKinte said:

Copilot's side

Captain's side

Hi, I tried your method and it worked. The only issue is that it took the A/P NAV off for some reason, I had to re-engage it... 

Archived