AFC Bridge failed to run

When trying to use my bravo with MSFS 2020 I cannot get the LED's to work. I did some troubleshooting to see what the issue was and even tried to run the .exe file in the community folder. I get the following error msg. AFC Bridge Failed to initialize SimConnectToTheLine. I have tried to remove everything and reinstall and it still doesn't work. 

• Aerosoft

Hi,

please attach your exe.xml here. For the Steam simulator version the file can be found under "C:\Users\{CurrentUser}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator".

If you start the AFC_bridge.exe manually, make sure you wait until the sim has loaded into main menu. Then you should not get that error anymore.

• 5 months later...

I like to join this topic as I have the exact same problem. And starting the AFC Bridge.exe manually doesn't help either.

Any further ideas?

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, Snorre said:

I like to join this topic as I have the exact same problem. And starting the AFC Bridge.exe manually doesn't help either.

Any further ideas?

Do you mean the lights never come on ?

Did you already try ou Christmas Tree test utility ?

Thank you.

Yes, I tried everything. Now I have removed the AFC Bridge folder from my system, downloaded it again and installed it. That didn't help. But from now on the manual execution of the AFC_Bridge.exe works. The only point is to remember to start it...

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Ok, so if you are it manually it works as I understand. 

The issue sometimes lies in the way Windows handles 

the exe.xml file.

We are aware of this and are looking into a solution.

Best regards.

• 8 months later...