Issue with custom name variables - Saab340A

Hi there,

I am fairly new to the configurator and I am trying to set it up to work with the LES Saab 340A. The default variables do not work with many of the commands in the Saab, so I am using the custom LES Saab 340A commands (and they seem to be working). However, when I use the knob to select ALT, VS, HDG etc. and I switch to ALT, the altitude in the plane goes up (or down) by 100 feet. Which direction it goes is dependent on whether I last increased/decreased the altitude. I can't figure out why it is doing this - I haven't changed any of the commands on the selection knob side (from default). I have only modified the incr/decr side.

I have attached the .json config file for reference. NOTE: I copied another profile and I have only modified the ALT and HDG incr/decr thus far.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

SAAB 340A.json

• Aerosoft

Hi,

while I don't have that aircraft, at first glance, I am also not seeing something in the profile that would explain this behaviour. Maybe check, if there is something in X-Planes control menu itself, that might explain this altitude jump?

On 10/15/2021 at 5:51 AM, BenBaron said:

Hi,

while I don't have that aircraft, at first glance, I am also not seeing something in the profile that would explain this behaviour. Maybe check, if there is something in X-Planes control menu itself, that might explain this altitude jump?

Came back to it this weekend and it seems to have worked itself out. Always the way... :)

Archived