Aerosoft ATR72-500 in XP11 + VR

I have dozens of liveries for this aircraft - and am determined to continue using it (in VR mode) in XP11! 🙂

The aircraft will not load in XP11 unless you replace the XP10 CDU with one of XP11, which is not so hard to do:  I did a long time back in Plane Maker. However, that modification results in a popup CDU, which is then not visible in a VR headset (and as it's not a plugin, no way to make it so AFAIK). The visible ('non-popup') CDU embedded in the pedestal is corrupt in XP11, with most of the buttons (labels on which are also corrupt/unreadable) not working.

This is a real pity, because everything else works just fine in VR, all the switches and dials and so on. If only Aerosoft would make this one modification - i.e. issue a fix which would replace the XP10 CDU on the pedestal with the XP11 version, the whole a/c would be ready to go in XP11 + VR. As it is, before going into VR, you have to set up the FMC popup on the monitor.. which is a bit of a shame.

Hoping for but not expecting anything really positive on this, given past comments on the ATR on the forums... but, well, it's worth asking perhaps (especially as all indications are that a fully XP11 version of the ATR72 will never appear from Aerosoft)!

(Otherwise, can users make the modification somehow themselves, just for their own private use??).

Thanks!

• Administrator

Hello,

the ATR72-500 don't comes from Aerosoft. But it was developed from McPhat.

There are copyrights from MacPhat with the ATR.

So best way is to ask the devlopers for that:

You find them on Facebook:

https://de-de.facebook.com/mcphatstudios/

Greets Heinz

Archived