No lights on PMDG 738ngx in P3D v5 on Bravo Throttle.

I have downloaded the profile from the Aerosoft page for the NGX but when I load up the SIM I have no lights on the Bravo. Unfortunately I am not good at programing but if someone can point me to a video or something that shows how to configure the lights that would be awesome. Or if not maybe someone can share a working profile with me to get it working? Also on the 777 and 747 the lights are the opposite they are on all the time. 

• Aerosoft

Hi,

so it seems like the connection to your PMDG aircraft is not correctly setup. For starters, in the Honeycomb Configurator, did you activate the required support before trying it out?

Please login to display this image.

5 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi,

so it seems like the connection to your PMDG aircraft is not correctly setup. For starters, in the Honeycomb Configurator, did you activate the required support before trying it out?

Yes that was done. Question though does it need to be done before every flight because I just did it again and the lights worked? I feel so dumb. 

• Aerosoft

Dear Sir,

If I clearly understand

- On the 777 and 747 all the lights are always ON

- On the 737 all the lights are always OFF

For the sake of test, can you please check if the lights are correctly working from an electrical standpoint
with this utility ?
Try to switch them OFF and ON one by one.

Did you also select the right P3D version ?

Best regards.

26 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Dear Sir,

If I clearly understand

- On the 777 and 747 all the lights are always ON

- On the 737 all the lights are always OFF

For the sake of test, can you please check if the lights are correctly working from an electrical standpoint
with this utility ?
Try to switch them OFF and ON one by one.

Did you also select the right P3D version ?

Best regards.

I completed the test and all the lights worked. I did select Version 5. Now when I load I was able to get the NGXu to work correctly but if I tried to load in the 777 or 747 despite selecting their profiles it keeps trying to load the NGX and fails to load in sim. I am going to delete all the profiles and redownload them and see what happens. 

So now the NGX works perfect. The new issue is the 777 and 747 will not load the profiles when I start P3D. Every time is loads the profile comes up for the NGX and fails even though I have changed the profile to either the 777 or 747 in the configurator and activated the correct one. 

• Aerosoft

Looks like we are making progress, though.

Vor 1 Stunde, isobar sagte:

Yes that was done. Question though does it need to be done before every flight because I just did it again and the lights worked? I feel so dumb. 

No..this is a one time thing, until of course you do a new install of one of the pmdg planes. Then you will have to activate again.

vor 11 Minuten, isobar sagte:

So now the NGX works perfect. The new issue is the 777 and 747 will not load the profiles when I start P3D. Every time is loads the profile comes up for the NGX and fails even though I have changed the profile to either the 777 or 747 in the configurator and activated the correct one. 

So...you mean you are selecting AND activating the profile for the T7 or QoS in the HC Configurator? What is coming up as in-sim text message once you select "Reload Bindings" for the Bravo from the Add-On menu? 

The pictures below show what is happening. I will note that I reinstalled the configurator and loaded up the 777 and it worked perfect. I then tried the NGX again and it was perfect but when I went back to the 777 it tried to load the NGX again and failed. 

• Aerosoft

Just to be sure we are on the same page: everytime you want to switch from one PMDG plane to another, you manually have to load AND activate that profile from the HC Configurator. If the sim is already running, you additionally have to select "Reload Bindings" for it to become active. The profiles never switch automatically based on the airplane you are currently in.

3 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

Just to be sure we are on the same page: everytime you want to switch from one PMDG plane to another, you manually have to load AND activate that profile from the HC Configurator. If the sim is already running, you additionally have to select "Reload Bindings" for it to become active. The profiles never switch automatically based on the airplane you are currently in.

Yes I have to manually load and activate the profile. The sim is off when I do this. When I restart the sim then I get the error msg and reload bindings doesn't work it is still looking the the 737.

• Aerosoft

Hmm...that is weird indeed. Also have never seen this one before.

Please load up the Configurator and open up its Console via "CTRL+SHIFT+I". Do you see any errors there if you try to activate a different profile?

What you "can" also do as a work around is open up the "Honeycomb\bin\honeycomb_profiles" folder and copy the profile you want to use (e.g. "PMDG_747QOTSII_Throttle.json") into "Honeycomb\bin\". Then, you rename it into "BFC_Throttle_Config.json", making it the one which will be used the next time the sim is loaded up, or "Reload Bindings" is selected.

Like that, you are basically doing what the Configurator is doing everytime you activate a new profile.

13 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

Hmm...that is weird indeed. Also have never seen this one before.

Please load up the Configurator and open up its Console via "CTRL+SHIFT+I". Do you see any errors there if you try to activate a different profile?

What you "can" also do as a work around is open up the "Honeycomb\bin\honeycomb_profiles" folder and copy the profile you want to use (e.g. "PMDG_747QOTSII_Throttle.json") into "Honeycomb\bin\". Then, you rename it into "BFC_Throttle_Config.json", making it the one which will be used the next time the sim is loaded up, or "Reload Bindings" is selected.

Like that, you are basically doing what the Configurator is doing everytime you activate a new profile.

I don't see any errors and I tried the copy/paste rename it said there was already a file with that name and I said to replace it. Still same problems. Maybe I need to remove it all and start from scratch? 

• Aerosoft

Another thing you can try:

in your PMDG aircraft folder (e.g. "...\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\") create a new folder "honeycomb_profiles" and copy the "BFC_Throttle_Config.json" for that specific aircraft into this folder. Then load up the sim and don't "Reload Bindings". This is a hidden feature that allows you to auto-load a suitable local profile for the currently loaded aircraft, effectively bypassing the global one in "...Honeycomb\bin\".

This does not bypass the fact though that there seems to be a deeper issue with your installation causing some weird behaviour.

43 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

Another thing you can try:

in your PMDG aircraft folder (e.g. "...\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\") create a new folder "honeycomb_profiles" and copy the "BFC_Throttle_Config.json" for that specific aircraft into this folder. Then load up the sim and don't "Reload Bindings". This is a hidden feature that allows you to auto-load a suitable local profile for the currently loaded aircraft, effectively bypassing the global one in "...Honeycomb\bin\".

This does not bypass the fact though that there seems to be a deeper issue with your installation causing some weird behaviour.

I just watched the video on the local load and completed those steps. Now all aircraft seem to be working correctly. The lights are still a bit on the finicky side. For example just loaded up the 747 and took off. Engaged AP which lit up but when I hit HDG to change HDG the change happened but no light on the button. Not a deal breaker but kind of frustrating. I appreciate all your help with this!

• Aerosoft

Glad it's working for you now. 

With those profiles I've always tried to model the mcp LEDs as close to the real one as possible. As you see, there simply is no LED indicating HDG SEL being the active lateral mode. This only exists for HDG HOLD. So..if the LED stays indeed off with HDG HOLD being active..come back here as there still seems to be something wrong.

Archived