Honeycomb Bravo with Aerosoft A330 - Throttles

Hello,

please can anyone help me setting up the a330 with the Bravo Throttle. When I set the throttle axis in P3D v5, the A330 goes into reverse when my hardware throttle is in idle. It should go into idle thrust however since there is no reverse range on the Bravo. How do I set this up correctly?

Thanks

Martin

So I managed to set up the PMDG 777 but the A330 still goes into reverse when I'm in idle thrust. I need like 30-40% until it goes into idle and further on. Anyone has an idea what this could be?

• Aerosoft

Dear Martin,

We are still working on a new profile that will include the Airbus levers.
Currently, only the Commercial ones are supported.
It will be available in approximately two weeks.
However, the fact it goes into reverse when reaching idles may be because the TCA Quadrant option is checked in the Airbus setup utility : 
If you are not using the TCA DO NOT check the "Enable TCA quadrant support.

image.png

Best regards.

• Aerosoft

Dear Martin,

Can you please load the profile attached in the Honeycomb Configurator ?

(It uses the reversers levers as a lock only.)
Please let me know if it works.
(My previous message regarding the TCA option is still applicable. 

Thank you.

Aerosoft_A330_Professional_ThrottleABPACK.json

vor 19 Minuten, SimWare sagte:

Dear Martin,

However, the fact it goes into reverse when reaching idles may be because the TCA Quadrant option is checked in the Airbus setup utility : 

Best regards.

The checkbox is unticked. I also swapped the levers with the Commercial levers, but it still goes into reverse when I'm at idle. Do I need to do something else after swapping it? PMDG profile is also deactivated after I set up the 777.

I tried your profile, but it still does the above mentioned thing. All the other aircraft (FSLabs a320, PMDG 777) do go into idle thrust at the physical stop but the A330 goes into reverse while pulling into idle and at idle then goes back to idle thrust. But when I advance the throttle lever again, it again goes into reverse until ~40-45% and then into idle. Afterwards it advances the throttle up to TOGA.

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, Skyrock said:

The checkbox is unticked. I also swapped the levers with the Commercial levers, but it still goes into reverse when I'm at idle. Do I need to do something else after swapping it? PMDG profile is also deactivated after I set up the 777.

I tried your profile, but it still does the above mentioned thing. All the other aircraft (FSLabs a320, PMDG 777) do go into idle thrust at the physical stop but the A330 goes into reverse while pulling into idle and at idle then goes back to idle thrust. But when I advance the throttle lever again, it again goes into reverse until ~40-45% and then into idle. Afterwards it advances the throttle up to TOGA.

Hi Martin,

This is strange...
When you say you are in idle, have you passed the lower detent or not ?

Can you make a short video (with cellphone) showing the Bravo moving along with the A330 levers on the screen ?

Thank you.

vor 1 minute, SimWare sagte:

Hi Martin,

This is strange...
When you say you are in idle, have you passed the lower detent or not ?

Can you make a short video (with cellphone) showing the Bravo moving along with the A330 levers on the screen ?

Thank you.

No I haven't passed the detent. I'm at the stop. The reverse levers are down and not being pulled.

I hope the attached video shows what I mean.

Please login to view this video.

• Aerosoft

Hi Martin,

Thank you.

Can you check in the buttons and axes assignments in P3D that no assignments to any reverser or Throttle (decrease...) function remains ?

Are you using FSUIPC or any other third-party interfacing software ?

Thank you.

vor 6 Minuten, SimWare sagte:

Hi Martin,

Thank you.

Can you check in the buttons and axes assignments in P3D that no assignments to any reverser or Throttle (decrease...) function remains ?

Are you using FSUIPC or any other third-party interfacing software ?

Thank you.

I did. Nothing is set for throttles or reversers at all. Also I use FSUIPC, but I deleted the .ini file (the profile) so that it doesn't interfere. I think the next step would be to remove/uninstall the bravo throttle and reinstall it. I'm really at a loss for ideas now.

• Aerosoft
36 minutes ago, Skyrock said:

I did. Nothing is set for throttles or reversers at all. Also I use FSUIPC, but I deleted the .ini file (the profile) so that it doesn't interfere. I think the next step would be to remove/uninstall the bravo throttle and reinstall it. I'm really at a loss for ideas now.

Hi Martin,

Let's indeed revert to the very basic.
Remove any third party (FSUIPC and the Honeycomb Configurator)
In P3D, only assign two axes to Engine 1 throttle and Engine 2 throttle

Make sure no other axis (and button) is assigned to any throttle function. (In the throttle quadrant but also in other devices such as joysticks or rudder)

Best regards.

vor 12 Minuten, SimWare sagte:

Hi Martin,

Let's indeed revert to the very basic.
Remove any third party (FSUIPC and the Honeycomb Configurator)
In P3D, only assign two axes to Engine 1 throttle and Engine 2 throttle

Make sure no other axis (and button) is assigned to any throttle function. (In the throttle quadrant but also in other devices such as joysticks or rudder)

Best regards.

I did everything you asked for. FSUIPC is off (renamed the addon.xml so it wouldn't be loaded into P3D), set Engine 1 throttle to axis RZ (the 2nd lever from the left) and Engine 2 throttle to RY (3rd lever). Honeycomb Configurator has been uninstalled. No other device is assigned to any throttle or reverser axis/button. I also removed the Bravo Throttle and installed it again. I also unplugged all other joysticks and the Alpha Yoke, too.

And it still happens.

I don't know anymore. Is there any setting I might have missed, maybe in the A330? I wish there was an option to set the detent zones rather than this tedious search for some setting that might have gone wrong.

• 2 months later...
On 11.10.2021 at 15:19, SimWare sagte:

Dear Martin,

Best regards.

Hey,

is there any update as to when the profile for the Airbus Throttle Levers will be available?

• Aerosoft
17 minutes ago, Skyrock said:

Hey,

is there any update as to when the profile for the Airbus Throttle Levers will be available?

Hi,

We are working on a new version of the configurator.

It is expected early next year.

Best regards.

Archived