SaintCroix4XPlane - Saint Croix Scenery for X-Plane

I am pleased to announce that CDB Scenery Design and Maps2XPlane have joined to develop together another island scenery for X-Plane: The largest island of the United States Virgin Island in the Caribbean Sea: Saint Croix.

Look forward to a highly-detailed rendition of the international Henry E. Rohlsen Airport (TISX) and a custom photo-terrain-mesh covering the entire island, featuring custom overlays (such as vegetation, country-typical buildings, as well as a road-network and sea-routes with dynamic traffic). The scenery will be complemented with renditions of Christiansted and Frederiksted, with selected landmarks, and of course the Christiansted Seaplane Base.

Please login to display this image.

More snapshots and information in the developer-blog: #SaintCroix4XPlane

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great news: Saint Croix XP is now available from our publisher Aerosoft!

Welcome to Saint Croix, the largest island in the US Virgin Islands in the Caribbean Sea. The extensive scenery package for X-Plane 11 not only includes the international Henry E. Rohlsen Airport, but also a custom photo-terrain-mesh, as well as custom overlays (vegetation, country-typical buildings, as well as a road-network and sea-routes with dynamic traffic).

You can find more info and snapshots in the release announcement on my website.

• Thanks 1

looks great..i purchased but it will not allow me to download...tried everything i know,,reset and changed password, turned off defender etc etc,,,tried last hour,,,totally frustrated with the aerosoft website

robert valerioti

vor 4 Stunden , val1030 sagte:

looks great..i purchased but it will not allow me to download...tried everything i know,,reset and changed password, turned off defender etc etc,,,tried last hour,,,totally frustrated with the aerosoft website

Thank you very much for this report! We're sorry that you have problems with Aerosoft One and that you, caused by those issues with the installation, cannot enjoy our beautiful Saint Croix XP scenery. Unfortunately, we developers have no influence on the way our publisher Aerosoft deploy products. But we immediately contacted our publisher Aerosoft and are waiting for feedback now. We will keep you up to date and hope to find a quick solution!

9 hours ago, val1030 said:

robert valerioti

Hello Robert,

sorry to hear you are having issues.

On the Aerosoft shop, you will have to option to download Aerosoft One (alternatively here: https://one.aerosoft.com/).

After downloading and installing Aerosoft One,

you can simply log in there using your Aerosoft shop account.

Aerosoft One will auto-detect your current X-Plane 11 installation and will offer you the download of your purchased add-on through the library.

While this might sound very complicated, it will actually make things a lot easier.

You can install, update and uninstall all your products from a single application, without any additional setups, installers etc.

If you are having any issues with Aerosoft One,

please do not hesistate to let us know either via the Aerosoft One forum (https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1116-aerosoft-one-support-english/)

or by writing a ticket (https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/en/newticket?departmentId=353346000000006907&layoutId=353346000058609273).

• Thanks 1

Bought it and installed - in spite of that #*^@ 'Aerosoft One'.  Whoever designed that did not have users' in mind but it's up and running and a sheer delight.

19 hours ago, val1030 said:

robert valerioti

All I got was the .exe and was trapped into 'Aerosoft One' - it planted a file in my XP drive but not in XP itself.  This did not turn out good but if you create a 'TISX' folder for each of the four folders in the download e.g. 'TISX airport' etc, they'll load into 'Custom Scenery' OK and show up in the sim.

Here's one taxiing in on Gallows Bay, passing the Protestant Cay.

vor 10 Stunden , Five38 sagte:

Bought it and installed - in spite of that #*^@ 'Aerosoft One'.  Whoever designed that did not have users' in mind

As developers of Saint Croix XP, we're really sorry that Aerosoft One is causing such troubles for you. We'll send your feedback to Aerosoft!

vor 9 Stunden , Five38 sagte:

All I got was the .exe and was trapped into 'Aerosoft One' - it planted a file in my XP drive but not in XP itself.  This did not turn out good but if you create a 'TISX' folder for each of the four folders in the download e.g. 'TISX airport' etc, they'll load into 'Custom Scenery' OK and show up in the sim.

Actually, that's not the process as it should be. Please report your Aerosoft One experiences in the dedicated sub-forum or at the helpdesk.

vor 9 Stunden , Five38 sagte:

Here's one taxiing in on Gallows Bay, passing the Protestant Cay.

Really nice snapshot, thanks for sharing it! Really happy, that you got Saint Croix XP finally running and can enjoy the scenery pack!

@val1030 Thanks again for the chat we had via PM, good that we were able to solve your very special problem! I'm glad it wasn't a general problem. Thanks also for your feedback about #SaintCroix4XPlane, we're pleased that you like it!

So then let's enjoy the sunrise over Saint Croix / Henry E. Rohlsen Airport / TISX:

More snapshots in the release announcement on my website!

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Great News: Saint Croix XP has been updated! The new version is mainly a compatibility-patch, and fixes a few issues of the scenery package in X-Plane 12, while remaining compatible with X-Plane 11 as well. Fixed are a few issues with the terrain mesh, i.a. the seabed and inland waterbodies. Furthermore, the orientation of the runway pavement of TISX has been corrected in X-Plane 12, and some other minor improvements been implemented at the airport and for the overlay scenery.

Saint Croix XP awaits you with a custom photo-terrain-mesh, custom overlays (vegetation, road network and sea routes with dynamic traffic, autogen buildings) and a highly detailed rendition of Henry E. Rohlsen Airport (TISX). Renditions of Christiansted and Frederiksted, featuring selected landmarks and including the Seaplane Base, complement the immersive scenery package. More detailed info about Saint Croix XP on the product page and in the developer blog!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2023 at 7:56 AM, maps2xplane said:

Great News: Saint Croix XP has been updated! The new version is mainly a compatibility-patch, and fixes a few issues of the scenery package in X-Plane 12, while remaining compatible with X-Plane 11 as well. Fixed are a few issues with the terrain mesh, i.a. the seabed and inland waterbodies. Furthermore, the orientation of the runway pavement of TISX has been corrected in X-Plane 12, and some other minor improvements been implemented at the airport and for the overlay scenery.

Saint Croix XP awaits you with a custom photo-terrain-mesh, custom overlays (vegetation, road network and sea routes with dynamic traffic, autogen buildings) and a highly detailed rendition of Henry E. Rohlsen Airport (TISX). Renditions of Christiansted and Frederiksted, featuring selected landmarks and including the Seaplane Base, complement the immersive scenery package. More detailed info about Saint Croix XP on the product page and in the developer blog!

Just a huge problem at night. FPS drops from 55 during the day, to 25 at night with huge freezes + CTD. 

I have no such problems even in any free custom scenary.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Roman Zaytsev:

Just a huge problem at night. FPS drops from 55 during the day, to 25 at night with huge freezes + CTD. 

Thanks for your report! Just tried to reproduce this with XP12.05r1: The FPS drops a bit at night, but not as drastically as you describe. But what worries me more is the CTD you mention, which I also cannot reproduce. I'll send you shortly a PM, to clarify the situation. Stay tuned, Thanks!

vor 8 Stunden schrieb maps2xplane:

tried to reproduce this with XP12.05r1: The FPS drops a bit at night, but not as drastically as you describe. But what worries me more is the CTD you mention, which I also cannot reproduce

FYI: After a chat with Roman and further investigations, I'd like to inform that there is no clear evidence that the - once occurred, not reproducible - CTD described by Roman is directly related to Saint Croix XP. And as for the FPS drops at night, they seem to be system dependent and XP-related, and we expect for those affected, according to Laminar Research, improvements from XP with XP12.06 and .07/.08.

10 hours ago, maps2xplane said:

FYI: After a chat with Roman and further investigations, I'd like to inform that there is no clear evidence that the - once occurred, not reproducible - CTD described by Roman is directly related to Saint Croix XP. And as for the FPS drops at night, they seem to be system dependent and XP-related, and we expect for those affected, according to Laminar Research, improvements from XP with XP12.06 and .07/.08.

Yes, all words confirmed. I hope that LR will fix this problem as soon as possible. I really liked the airport - fantastically beautiful.

Just to add that I get 60 FPS in Saint Croix daytime always and anywhere. 

• Thanks 1

So, I checked on another toll airport. This is a LR problem - if my plane is next to a white light at the airport, the load on the GPU increases insanely. If I'm at the gate 50 meters away, no problem.

LR should fix either the light or the loading distance, but either way it's definitely not normal. The most interesting thing is that if you zoom the camera 100% to any point (to the texture of the sky or the ground, for example), it does not give any effect.

This is not Saint Croix problem. 

• Upvote 1