[FMS] Course Pointer offset when entering a departure

SID "GIVM1N" on RWY 26R in EDDM: The course to the first waypoint "(1900)" is 261°, which is correctly shown on the ACT LEGS page as well as the CRS readouts of PFD and MFD. However, the Course Pointer indicates 327°. Obviously, the position of the Course Pointer depends on the location of the aircraft at the time of entering the SID.

Please login to display this image.

• 1 month later...

Update: This also occurs during flight.

Example: A standard NDB (DME) RWY26R in EDDM via "MIQ". The course to the subsequent waypoint "X036" is 107°. All readouts (FMS CDU, MFD, PFD) correctly indicate this value. And the aircraft being off-track on a heading has no influence on this value either, since the FMS route remains unchanged.

Now, the same should be true for the course pointer => FMS course 107°, full scale lateral deviation (>5 NM off-track). Instead, after leaving the route the needle continuously moved to the current value of about 125°, which is rather the behaviour of a relative bearing pointer (compare blue bearing needle in the screenshot).

Please confirm, that this is on your bug tracking list.

Please login to display this image.

Dear AS Reps/Devs,

since you never responded to this report, I would like to know:

Can you confirm that

• you are able to reproduce this bug?
  • this is is on your bug tracking list?

I have been keeping an eye on your posts on this forum and have been wondering why you don't get any attention from AS. Your posts are always spot on and backed up by your apparent professional experience. Not acknowledging this by at least a short response that it has been added to the famous "list" is really a shame. For how long do you want to continue reporting these issues under those circumstances? Meanwhile the mods and various AS representatives are responding to other forum posts several times a day.

Thia statement can be found in vol 1 of the documentation:

Accurate systems programming reflects behaviour of the real CRJ within normal operations.

Most, if not all of the issues you have reported feels like things very much related to normal operations. This alone should render you at least some attention from AS!

28 minutes ago, zenit_swe said:

I have been keeping an eye on your posts on this forum and have been wondering why you don't get any attention from AS. Your posts are always spot on and backed up by your apparent professional experience. Not acknowledging this by at least a short response that it has been added to the famous "list" is really a shame. For how long do you want to continue reporting these issues under those circumstances? Meanwhile the mods and various AS representatives are responding to other forum posts several times a day.

Thia statement can be found in vol 1 of the documentation:

Accurate systems programming reflects behaviour of the real CRJ within normal operations.

Most, if not all of the issues you have reported feels like things very much related to normal operations. This alone should render you at least some attention from AS!

Agreed 100% -- it's a real asset to get clear examples of real issues from someone who has an extensive background with the real-world aircraft and this kind of feedback shouldn't be ignored. I wouldn't place most of these issues at the top of the priority list, but I would hope they would at least be acknowledged and prioritized appropriately. It's frustrating that many topics with real issues are completely overlooked but "Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it" responses are submitted within minutes of any hint of a solution in other threads. I think everyone understands that there's a lot of outstanding issues right now, not everything will be addressed, and it will take time for those that are selected to be fixed, but sometimes it seems like only the low-hanging fruit is looked at.

In any case, thank you @KuntaKinte for all of the issues you have reported which aren't obvious to anyone who doesn't have hands-on experience with a real CRJ. I sincerely hope that your efforts don't go to waste. I think the CRJ is the best aircraft available in Flight Simulator at the moment and I have a lot of fun flying it, but there is potential for it to be so much better, and I hope Aerosoft pushes themselves to uphold a high standard. I think it's about 85% of the way to being great, but some of that 15% really detracts from the experience.

12 minutes ago, KuntaKinte said:

Thank you.

I was wondering the same. @LesOReilly pointed me to the AS Zendesk to log my reports as tickets, which I just did. Let's hope that things improve to the better now - I am only here to help.

If they want you to file your reports on Zendesk they could at least have replied here with that info.

And another thing that I just come to think of and this have been raised several times on the forum. If they prefer Zendesk for these kinds of reports it would be very useful if they published the list of known issues. I understand that one could argue that it's not beneficial from a business perspective to have a list of everything that's wrong with their product, but I firmly believe that such transparency would be positive in the long run. Everyone knows (or should at least know) that there are no such thing as a bug free software.

12 hours ago, zenit_swe said:

If they want you to file your reports on Zendesk they could at least have replied here with that info.

I am not They ... That was a suggestion I made in a DM since you can log tickets with the Zendesk...

9 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

I am not They ... That was a suggestion I made in a DM since you can log tickets with the Zendesk...

I know, I meant that if the lack of response from AS has to do with they wanting bugs to be reported on Zendesk they could at least respond on the forum with that info.

I hope @Mathijs Kok or someone else in the staff read this and take it as the constructive criticism that it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding one ticket, I received confirmation that it was forwarded to the developers.

For the remaining 22 tickets (including this subject) I have not heard anything until today.

But I have just written to the support again.

It is tedious ...

21 minutes ago, KuntaKinte said:

Regarding one ticket, I received confirmation that it was forwarded to the developers.

For the remaining 22 tickets (including this subject) I have not heard anything until today.

It is tedious ...

That's incredibly disappointing. I can at least understand if they say "Sorry, not going to touch this," but to just ignore completely ignore all of the issues you've reported over the last several months is pretty disheartening.

18 hours ago, KuntaKinte said:

It is tedious ...

I'm really sorry to hear that. I tagged Mr. Kok in my previous post since I know that doing so would give him a notification about it, but perhaps he has turned that off or something. I don't want to believe he deliberately ignored it.

I mean, the CRJ is being deliberately ignored in general... (IMO). I respect KuntaKinte's perseverance, I was done very quickly with posting bugs and trying to help out with RW experience and knowledge after seeing input go to waste and ignored. And this has been true from the very first version of the CRJ for FSX. 

I don't expect things will miraculously get better after the Twotter release, as that will probably have its own bugs found after release that need to be fixed by a single dev or something like that.

Archived