RAT deploys after extending speed brake in final descent into EDDM

This is a weird one and 100% reproducible for me.  I've tried the tutorial flight and also created my own, every time I'm in the descent in the terminal area and want to slow down more I use full airbrake at which point the RAT deploys gens kick off then on and I lose my flight plan in the CDU, this as you can imagine is rather annoying... any ideas?

Airbrake is mapped to an axis on my TH warthog which appears to work fine.  Sim CTD's after this happens usually but not all the time.

• Aerosoft

Hi Pondlife,

This doesn't seem to be a direct hardware issue.
To rule this out completely  (and redirect you to appropriate subforum section)

can you please make two tests : 

1 - Make sure the axis used on the Warthog isn't assigned to anything else than the speedbrakes only (also via FSUIPC or any other 3d-party utility)
     Make sure the axis doesn't trigger any ON/OFF inputs that could be have some unwanted default assignments. 

2 - Are you able to reproduce the problem if you disconnect the Warthog and actuate the spoiler lever wih the mouse ?

Best regards.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, pondlife said:

Thanks for your response SimWare

I'll try this over the next few days to see if spoiler activation without the WH has any effect.

Thank you.

Please let us know.

Have a good weekend.

Archived