Keyboard for FMS Data Entry

RichWalls

+1. I know working title got it working on their NXi, though their gauges are JavaScript based. 

If nothing similar exists for WASM/C++ (which I think the CRJ is built on), it would be neat if Aerosoft could somehow convince Asobo to make it work, save us from getting Carpal Tunnel from writing long routes out…

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, chenjie4255 said:

It seems that FBW A320 implement this function, so I think it should be possible for Aerosoft

And FBW is also Java and not Wasm.

Actually I think you can map the MCDU buttons to your keyboard using the LVars for each button in Axis and Ohs or FSUIPC. I haven't tried it with the CRJ specifically, but I've done it with the FBW mod (prior to the introduction of native support) and the WT CJ4.

I can however strongly recommend the AviaCDU app (https://www.aerosoft.com/en/microsoft-flight-simulator/msfs-tools/3397/aviaworx-aviacdu-single-cdu-license-msfs?number=AS15339). With that you'll have the MCDU on your iPad or similar device.

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, it is something we hope to include soon, but currently it is simply technically not possible.

Every time I get "it's impossible" or a similar respons something inside me wakes up and I feel the need to prove otherwise 🙂

I just tried to map my keyboard to the left MCDU using Axis and Ohs and it's working perfectly. Every button on the MCDUs seems to have two LVar:s, I recon one is for the animation and the other for the actual value input. Use the one the doesn't end with _KEY and assign each of them to the corresponding key on your keyboard.

You might want to remove all other keyboard mappings within the sim to avoid trouble.

Archived