no lights in msfs with bravo

all lights on the bravo are working in xplane, but none are working in msfs. apparently this has been a problem for a few folks, and i even found a temporary fix here until its fixed.

• Aerosoft

Hi SpiritFire,

This may be due to a corrupted EXE.xml file not containing an entry for AFC_Bridge.exe.
Sometimes formating issues can appear making the instruction not valid from an XML standpoint.

We are now working on a next version of the configurator that should be more robust and would include
some logging capabilities to better pinpoint any issue and solve them easly.

Best regards.

• 3 months later...
On 10/8/2021 at 12:35 PM, SimWare said:

We are now working on a next version of the configurator that should be more robust and would include
some logging capabilities to better pinpoint any issue and solve them easily.

just installed MSFS and same issue here ... the workaround is fine for the time being - any news on a more permanent solution yet?

• Aerosoft
15 hours ago, slicker55 said:

just installed MSFS and same issue here ... the workaround is fine for the time being - any news on a more permanent solution yet?

Hi Slicker55,

The new software is still in testing.
It is expected soon in the next few weeks.

Best regards.

I played around for hours trying all sorts of things like batch files to auto-start but nothing worked properly ... just about to give up when suddenly the lights came on and have loaded automatically each time since .... weird!

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, slicker55 said:

I played around for hours trying all sorts of things like batch files to auto-start but nothing worked properly ... just about to give up when suddenly the lights came on and have loaded automatically each time since .... weird!

Well, thanks for letting us know.
This maybe due to some read/write authorization being granted.
This seems to be a Windows question as the communication between two distinct applications
(the Honeycomb driver and the simulator) are constantly "scrutinized" by Windows.

Best regards.

Hi again

One of the biggest advantages is that this program reads L-vars. With the AS CRJ, "MasterWarning = L:ASCRJ_GSC_MASTER_WARN_ON == 1" will make the Master Warning light flash on the throttle if it flash in the cockpit.

I've made this additon to the Better Bravo Lights .ini file to adapt it to the Aerosoft CRJ. See txt file attached.

Best regards

Ole-Christian

ASCRJ.txt

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Hi.

I'm also having issues with the AFC_Bridge not loading automatically on sim start in MSFS.

I haven't changed anything so not sure why it stopped working but I have attached my exe.xml just in case something is wrong.

I have also tried a reinstall of the drivers as the lights on my previous bravo worked perfectly before an axis fault meant it was returned under warranty.

The lights on the new Bravo work perfectly in XPlane and if i launch the AFC_Bridge manually.

Any update on a fix / new drivers?

exe.xml

• Aerosoft
3 minutes ago, Traikus said:

Hi.

I'm also having issues with the AFC_Bridge not loading automatically on sim start in MSFS.

I haven't changed anything so not sure why it stopped working but I have attached my exe.xml just in case something is wrong.

I have also tried a reinstall of the drivers as the lights on my previous bravo worked perfectly before an axis fault meant it was returned under warranty.

The lights on the new Bravo work perfectly in XPlane and if i launch the AFC_Bridge manually.

Any update on a fix / new drivers?

exe.xml 504 B · 0 downloads

Hi Traikus,

Do you mean the lights used to start automatically with MSFS before and now they don't anymore ?
Do they start if you start AFC_Bridge manually though ?

Thank you.

• Aerosoft

Also, is the AFC_Bridge.exe located in this EXACT folder ?
Any difference, even a special character anywhere in the path would prevent the bridge to be found by the sim.

C:\Users\willi\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\AFC_Bridge\bin\

Hi SimWare.

Yes the lights used to start automatically for me. They still work if i manually launch the AFC_Bridge.

That is the exact path to the folder. There are no special characters or anything else in the path.

I have double checked this to make sure. The path under right-click, properties for the AFC_Bridge is C:\Users\willi\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\AFC_Bridge\bin

• Aerosoft

Hi Traikus,

Can you check if this path to the Community folder is indeed the one MSFS has in its settings ?
Please refer to this tutorial showing where to find the Community path the sim is looking into : 

Best regards.

1 hour ago, SimWare said:

Hi Traikus,

Can you check if this path to the Community folder is indeed the one MSFS has in its settings ?
Please refer to this tutorial showing where to find the Community path the sim is looking into : 

Best regards.

Hi Simware.

It's definitely the correct path as all my addon aircraft and scenery work.

I followed the linked tutorial and i led me straight to the folder listed in my post above and the one in the exe.xml

Just a note. the only files I have in the bin folder are the AFC_Bridge.exe and BFC_Throttle_Config.json. The linked tutorial had a lot more files is this right?

• Aerosoft

Indeed, it is because I have a experimental version.
Let me check with my colleague BenBaron as he is a programming mastermind.

Thank you.

On 4/25/2022 at 10:56 AM, SimWare said:

Indeed, it is because I have a experimental version.
Let me check with my colleague BenBaron as he is a programming mastermind.

Thank you.

Thanks SimWare

I tried clearing out my community folder over the weekend but it didn't make a difference sadly.

As long as I can run the AFC_Bridge myself the lights work so it's definately something with the exe.xml

• Aerosoft
18 minutes ago, Traikus said:

Thanks SimWare

I tried clearing out my community folder over the weekend but it didn't make a difference sadly.

As long as I can run the AFC_Bridge myself the lights work so it's definately something with the exe.xml

Hi Traikus,

This is one of those other weird instances, where for some reason MSFS cannot autostart the application.
Maybe because some security setting is preventing the startup from C:\

You could try just manually moving the AFC_Bridge folder to another drive, adjusting the path in the exe.xml and see, if it then works.
Also setting the "Run as Administrator" checkbox of the AFC_Bridge.exe might be worth a try. But nothing definitive however.

We are working with Asosbo on this question, but honestly, for the time being, we haven't yet figured out the reason.

Sorry.

Best regards.

• 1 month later...

Ive got the same issue, with the honeycomb softare it does not allow you to change the packages path? it asumes you use the default path which i do not.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

You can change the path in EXE.xml

(EXE.xml is located in ...AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\)

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 1