Information updates FS2020 with products from other developers

In my specific case, I have purchased the Aerosoft CRJ and the TDM Scenery Design Coruña airport. Everything in the Aerosoft Store. I intend to buy other scenarios later, but my big question is...When Microsoft releases a new update, do I have to uninstall all purchased products? My doubt is because it is said that when there is a new update from Microsoft, you cannot have anything inside the Community Folder. So what should I do when I need to update the FS2020?

Cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, DavidGG&air said:

because it is said that when there is a new update from Microsoft, you cannot have anything inside the Community Folder

TBH, no idea who told that. Of course you can install the MSFS update, without emptying the community folder. The only thing that might happen, is that an add-on doesnt work anymore after a MSFS update, but this got nothing to do with an not empty community folder.

This applies at least to Aerosoft products.

In this case, and according to your answer, the Microsoft FS2020 update can be installed without problems. It can only be that some scenario or complement does not work. In this case, would it be necessary to uninstall and/or delete it from the Community Folder and reinstall it and/or add it again to the Community Folder once problems have been detected? Or there is another solution to solve the problem?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, DavidGG&air said:

In this case, would it be necessary to uninstall and/or delete it from the Community Folder and reinstall it and/or add it again to the Community Folder once problems have been detected? Or there is another solution to solve the problem?

These cases are caused by the Update. Depending on the rootcause, you either have to wait for another MSFS update or an update for the add-on or an update for both, MSFS and the add-on. Almost a weird situation, where Aerosoft/the devs have little or no influence. But a reinstall usually does not solve the problem.

He was tremendously confused. I think you have clarified this question for us. And as you say, it is strange situation. I know of people who even uninstall FS2020 to solve the problem but without results. I hope that little by little all this will normalize. Hope for the next update starting today, you will have no problems. At least, I have clarified the doubt.

Thanks for the clarifications. I think it is interesting for FS2020 users. Thank you Mopperle 😀

Archived