Can't keep speed at planned flight level

I am flying at FL330, which is the target speed

thrust at max power, or any position, CLIMB and MANUAL the same

Autopilot engaged, NAV+ALT+VNAV active

no ice at all (at least: visible ice, and anyway i was having deicing turned ON)

can't keep my speed, i have trims going at +15 (!!!!) and speed is at 140, and lowering, and up and down

can't understand becoming crazy

thank you to any person who will help!!!!

You really need to read the manuals and/or watch some tutorials on YouTube. Your post indicates some major misunderstandings of how the CRJ works, it would be quite long to answer given the amount of errors.

Highlighted in red are things that don't make sense.

3 hours ago, RobertoA said:

I am flying at FL330, which is the target speed

thrust at max power, or any position, CLIMB and MANUAL the same

Autopilot engaged, NAV+ALT+VNAV active

no ice at all (at least: visible ice, and anyway i was having deicing turned ON)

can't keep my speed, i have trims going at +15 (!!!!) and speed is at 140, and lowering, and up and down

can't understand becoming crazy

thank you to any person who will help!!!!

43 minutes ago, eag_a said:

You really need to read the manuals and/or watch some tutorials on YouTube. Your post indicates some major misunderstandings of how the CRJ works, it would be quite long to answer given the amount of errors.

Highlighted in red are things that don't make sense.

Most of those things make sense... 

I can only assume the FL330 thing is just a typo and he meant level instead of speed.

He's saying the aircraft doesn't maintain speed, even with thrust at max power and same result obviously with CLB detent and manual thrust control.

VNAV is an option you can enable in the EFB, although it is rarely installed on real life CRJ700s. So VNAV active makes sense.

Icing has been an issue with climb/cruise performance in the past and it has been recommended here many, many times to just fly around with all anti-ice on as a precaution, so again, that also makes sense.

And before anyone brings this up, FL330 is perfectly reasonable for a CRJ700, even at MTOW and all anti-ice on.

@RobertoA Did you enter the menu at any point using the ESC key? There have been issues of spoiler deployment when entering the menu, even though they do not visually deploy, the flight model behaves as though they are deployed. You could try cycling the spoilers using the lever or a key bind.

10 minutes ago, CRJay said:

Most of those things make sense... 

I can only assume the FL330 thing is just a typo and he meant level instead of speed.

He's saying the aircraft doesn't maintain speed, even with thrust at max power and same result obviously with CLB detent and manual thrust control.

VNAV is an option you can enable in the EFB, although it is rarely installed on real life CRJ700s. So VNAV active makes sense.

Icing has been an issue with climb/cruise performance in the past and it has been recommended here many, many times to just fly around with all anti-ice on as a precaution, so again, that also makes sense.

And before anyone brings this up, FL330 is perfectly reasonable for a CRJ700, even at MTOW and all anti-ice on.

@RobertoA Did you enter the menu at any point using the ESC key? There have been issues of spoiler deployment when entering the menu, even though they do not visually deploy, the flight model behaves as though they are deployed. You could try cycling the spoilers using the lever or a key bind.

thank you so very much, especially for the reason actually *i have* read the manual

i have googled and read the FAQ *before* posting too as it have to be done, but i have find answers related to iceing only, and IT SEEMED NOT the situation

i am a little bit a beginner but... huh... hope not so newbie

and yes, i have hit the menu and touched the lever i have assigned to the spoiler

but i have understood that it could be a sort of but and not necessarely a mistake by me

(which could be, i am very far to be an expert)

i will check further, meanwhile thank you very much

One more thing to consider is that if you did move the spoilers (and lets say they did phantom deploy and was the issue) you are going to need to pitch the nose over and get the speed back up to MACH .74 or faster to be able to climb back to FL330 and then Level Off and maintain speed again....

11 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

One more thing to consider is that if you did move the spoilers (and lets say they did phantom deploy and was the issue) you are going to need to pitch the nose over and get the speed back up to MACH .74 or faster to be able to climb back to FL330 and then Level Off and maintain speed again....

it is exactly what happened, i will try again seeing to avoid this situation

other flights went normally, i want to check better

After some experiments, i am pretty sure that the problem is in the anti ice system

if I take off with anti ice off, all works perfectly

if I take off with the system on, even if i turn off at FL100 or not, or any other level, it always does the same

loose of speed, trimmer at +15, and it is impossible to return at the normal system in any way, even disabling the autopilot, recovering right speed manually and correct fllight setup and returning at autopilot or whatever

i have re-read the manual and looked at tutorials concerning anti ice, can't understand 

anyway, i will wait for the antiice annunciator (which works) to turn it on

this just to share my experience with other members who helped me

thank you

Archived