Resetting / Clearing Flight Plan

Hello-

Is there a way to complete delete/reset/clear out the existing flight plan and start from total scratch? Without having to go through and delete waypoints one-by-one?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kevin

I'm not sure if this is the correct procedure, but if you re-enter your departure airport on the FPLN page it will wipe everything out. I'd like to know if there's a better way in case you have to modify your route in-flight.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I’m not sure, but isn’t there a function to collapse the FPLN?

Copy a lower waypoint and paste it further up, will delete everything between.

You can always change the arrival (the waypoints of the old one, will be removed automatically). Selection of a different alternate is also possible.

But deleting everything in flight is a bad idea. 

11 hours ago, Aplato said:

I'm not sure if this is the correct procedure, but if you re-enter your departure airport on the FPLN page it will wipe everything out. I'd like to know if there's a better way in case you have to modify your route in-flight.

This is the way. Usually after a flight and when changing crews, we have some time during disembarkation of the passengers to leave the cockpit nice and tidy for the next crew, which includes just putting our current airport into the departure airport line in the FMS to basically reset the active flightplan.

Would not recommend doing it in flight, if you need to adjust or enter a new flightplan in flight, just use the secondary flightplan (not sure if it is working properly in the AS CRJ, have not flown it in a while).

Thank you all for the feedback.

I was indeed primarily asking for creating a new flight plan for an additional flight after landing and completing a flight. Rather than having to escape back to the main menu and start over in MSFS. I do not know why, but it never even occurred to me to just enter the current airport as the new departure airport. I will do that!

Archived