Other addons manage to prevent flight surfaces from moving

eag_a

Hello,

in the CRJ, even with hydraulics off, the flight surfaces can move with the yoke.

However, several addons manage to prevent that, for exemple the PMDG DC-6 or the Milviz PC-6. Can this be done too for the CRJ?

• Aerosoft

To be honest we do not care a lot about non standard behavior. I think the product page makes that clear.
We rather spend our time on getting things to work as they should when the crew does not make massive mistakes like expecting the aircraft to work without pneumatic pressure. 

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

To be honest we do not care a lot about non standard behavior. I think the product page makes that clear.
We rather spend our time on getting things to work as they should when the crew does not make massive mistakes like expecting the aircraft to work without pneumatic pressure. 

I understand the general principle and lack of support for failure scenarios -- I think that's all reasonable -- but to me this is different and something that should be implemented as was done with other systems. For example, if you push back from the gate without starting your APU first, the aircraft loses power. If you try to use your reversers after touchdown without having armed them first, they don't do anything. You can't start taxiing without starting your engines first. Turning on hydraulics is part of the normal procedure to start the aircraft, not a fringe scenario, so it should actually have an impact. Following the startup checklist should matter rather than be just for show. I don't see this as supporting "non-standard behavior."

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived