No serial keys supported for non Aerosoft One products

Cygnific

A while back it was mentioned that all external keys would be able to be added to Aerosoft One. Reading that this isn't the case anymore when i've purchased 5-6 Aerosoft addons from flightsim.com store the past 2 months is a bit dissapointing.

I now have 2 Aerosoft Updaters where the old one doesn't even download the updates but have to go to store to download a update.exe. 

It would have been nice if this was mentioned much earlier so I could have made the purchases on stores that are supported.

Please login to display this image.

Hello,

as you've probably already seen, I wrote something about external shops back in the Introduction thread:

We understand that you (and probably a lot of other customers) would love to use Aerosoft One even for previously purchased products from external shops.

The problem is, that we can't just support previous external products, mainly due to two reasons:

1. This would alter the agreement we had with the external shops for the specific add-ons.

Every new Aerosoft product that gets released on their platform (that uses Aerosoft One) is done so specifically in agreement of both (Aerosoft and the shop).

2. Customers might "move away" from the external shop and only use Aerosoft One (since it has our own integrated shop in there).

While Aerosoft itself would profit from this, the relationship to our shop partners is equally important to us.

Because of that, every external shop has the right to decide themself, if they want to support Aerosoft One with new add-ons or not.

I hope this clears up some questions in that regard.

vor 7 Stunden , J. Zameit sagte:

2. Customers might "move away" from the external shop and only use Aerosoft One (since it has our own integrated shop in there).

While Aerosoft itself would profit from this, the relationship to our shop partners is equally important to us.

Because of that, every external shop has the right to decide themself, if they want to support Aerosoft One with new add-ons or not.

Hi, 

Just some food for thougt: regarding the second reason for not supporting external serial numbers - I beg to differ! The reason why I want to cumulate my addons in Aerosoft ONE is of course easier updating. Now I have several Aerosoft addons bought from Simmarket. If I could now add them to Aersoft ONE there would be no harm done to Simmarket. To be honest it is now quite the opposite: I would never again buy Aerosoft addons from Simmarket again, same goes for other addons which are also supported by ONE. So I think the current way is good for Aerosofts revenue, but not for external shops.

Many greetings,

Oliver

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2021 at 12:02 PM, Oliver Stadler said:

Hi, 

Just some food for thougt: regarding the second reason for not supporting external serial numbers - I beg to differ! The reason why I want to cumulate my addons in Aerosoft ONE is of course easier updating. Now I have several Aerosoft addons bought from Simmarket. If I could now add them to Aersoft ONE there would be no harm done to Simmarket. To be honest it is now quite the opposite: I would never again buy Aerosoft addons from Simmarket again, same goes for other addons which are also supported by ONE. So I think the current way is good for Aerosofts revenue, but not for external shops.

Many greetings,

Oliver

I have to agree Oliver.  AerosoftOne not accepting Aerosoft products purchased through Simmarket is not a very bright move.  They've made a mess with this thing!!!!!

Archived