How to flex takeoff?

Sweet19blue

Hi,

I am trying to flex takeoff in the CRJ.

First of all, I would like to know if there is a tool to calculate the flex temperature ? I could not find one so I used 45 degrees C arbitrarily.

Second, I input that value on perf page of FMC.

Third, I push the throttle in the TOGA position expecting the thrust to be limited to the Flex thrust value in Magenta on the N1 gauges.

But my problem is the thrust is not limited to flex thrust when doing that, and goes past the max flex thrust.

What am I doing wrong?

Pierre

vor 11 Stunden , Sweet19blue sagte:

Hi,

I am trying to flex takeoff in the CRJ.

First of all, I would like to know if there is a tool to calculate the flex temperature ? I could not find one so I used 45 degrees C arbitrarily.

Second, I input that value on perf page of FMC.

Third, I push the throttle in the TOGA position expecting the thrust to be limited to the Flex thrust value in Magenta on the N1 gauges.

But my problem is the thrust is not limited to flex thrust when doing that, and goes past the max flex thrust.

What am I doing wrong?

Pierre

You could have searched first 😉

This thread may have an answer ....

Oliver

Thanks for pointing this out !

I read a lot but not this one oddly. 

So, seems to be a bug but since V speeds are not updated when using Flex Temp, it is actually useless to consider flex take-off.

Hope Aerosoft will improve the software regarding flex temp use.

Pierre

vor 25 Minuten, Sweet19blue sagte:

Thanks for pointing this out !

I read a lot but not this one oddly. 

So, seems to be a bug but since V speeds are not updated when using Flex Temp, it is actually useless to consider flex take-off.

Hope Aerosoft will improve the software regarding flex temp use.

Pierre

This is not automatic, like in an airbus. For FLEX you have to go back into your charts , i guess ...

and set the speeds manually. (like you would do in the real airpalne, where there is no fancy EFB)

BTW, I tried several times to have FLEX working, all prerequisites met, all indications (FMA and N1 instruments) correct, FMC entries completed,

but it is not doing what is expected.

Can someone else also check for the next flight ? And report ?

Oliver

I understand this is not automatic. My point is that the EFB does not allow to enter Flex temp so it can calculate de Vspeed accordingly.

I am not sure we have charts to do that in the manual anyway.

Pierre

Archived