Checklist pace

Timothee

Hi

After a long break of flying I updated the Airbus A320/A321 to the latest version. During my first flight I noticed, that the challenge/response pace between the PF and PNF became extremely slow. Especially the break between a response and the next challenge is almost annoying. In my memory the pace was a lot higher than it is now.

Is this a problem on my side or is this intentional?

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

The reason is quite simple. Some time ago we introduced ViewFocus e.g. if a user wants to make the necessary settings himself (not using the checklist and copilot function as an automatic settings function) he has to look at those necessary items. If the plane is moving we implemented those "breaks" between the various checks so that he is still able to steer the plane in the right direction. 

I can only speak for my myself, I like to do the settings by myself but not using ViewFocus nor the automatic copilot. Therefore the checklist is more or less just a reminder for me, only catching my attention if an item is not set. But I understand this is not really the intended use for the checklist functionality. My question has been answered.

Archived