Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg Professional + Orbx Patch

vik85es
Go to solution Solved by J. Zameit,

Hello

It seems it's not possible to install the Orbx Patch if you install the addon via Aerosoft One as the Orbx Patch won't find the registry for the standalone installation.

Any workarounds?

Hopefully this can be added to Aerosoft One soon

Thanks for making me aware of that I have forgot to install it :D

You can try this workaround (if you know what you are doing in regedit)

For P3D v5 (tested and working)

1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\aerosoft
  2. Add a new Key named: Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg Professional - PREPAR3D V5.x
  3. Add a new String Value (DE=Zeichenfolge) named: Product_Path
  4. Add the path to the folder where Berlin Brandenburg Professional V5 is a subfolder: E:\Aerosoft One Library\Add-ons\p3dv5-d39f-AS14318\userHome~Prepar3D v5 Add-ons (in my case)

Please login to display this image.

The installation should now work, no restart necessary.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bernd E. said:

2. Add a new Key named: Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg Professional - PREPAR3D V5.x
  4. Add the path to the folder where Berlin Brandenburg Professional V5 is a subfolder: E:\Aerosoft One Library\Add-ons\p3dv5-d39f-AS14318\userHome~Prepar3D v5 Add-ons (in my case)

Thank you for your help! It worked now

• Solution

Hello,

we adjusted the product so the Orbx patch is now an optional dependency for this add-on.

If you uninstall this add-on and reinstall it, Aerosoft One will offer the option to install the Orbx patch:

After installing the add-on, you can also manage the optional dependency in your library.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• 10 months later...
On 9/26/2021 at 7:50 AM, Bernd E. said:

Hi! but what can i do if i dont have this path at all? i mean i dont have Berlin Mega airport here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\aerosoft

I have some Aerosoft sceneries and only one ive installed via Aerosoft one is Berlin Brandenburg airport. But i have the same issue as mentionted here above. Problem regarding ORBX patch for Mega Berlin. Im using prepar3D v4.5.

The scenery is working fine, except this ORBX patch. 

I suppose maybe there is some new path in the regestry for products installed via Aerosoft One program.. hope someone will help me) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 7:50 AM, Bernd E. said:

HI! ive just tried to do this with Prepar3D v 4.5

This is a Key - Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg Professional PREPAR3D V4.x

and this  product path  H:\Aerosoft One Library\Add-ons\p3dv4-fe9a-AS14318\userHome~Prepar3D v4 Add-ons. But still the same problem. 

ORBX files inconsistent, please check installation and reinstall addon.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

same problem here in Prepar3D v 4.5, the Error says that it's not installed while this is the case and also confirmed by Aerosoft One. The workaround doesn't work neither for me. Please help.

BR,

Rupert

Hello,

instead of installing the Orbx Patch via the installer, you can use the dependency that is available in Aerosoft One.

Simply navigate to "Library > Dependencies > Optional" to install it:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have just installed Brandenburg and the Orbx patch in P3D v4.5 via Aerosoft One.  The patch installation as dependency didn't work as expected.

The patch shows as installed as a dependency in Aerosoft One, but when I opened the Brandenburg config tool, I got a pop-up "Orbx AGN path missing: Orbx Files inconsistent, please check installation and reinstall add-on."

The Brandenburg config tool didn't have a checkbox to select FTX GEN as active, but had red text saying "If you have Orbx Products installed, please click here." Clicking on it started the standalone patch download.  The standalone patch wouldn't install because it couldn't find the Brandenburg installation path.  I followed Bernd's tip above to add the installation path for Brandenburg in the Registry Editor (adjusting it for my v4.5 installation), which enabled me to install the standalone Orbx patch.  Afterwards I ran the Brandenburg config tool again, was prompted to register the product in P3D, and then got the option to select FTX GEN as active.  Checked my install in P3D and it looked good.

Thank you, Bernd!

• 1 year later...

Again, alittle annoying that BB was merged into Aerosoft One...I really dont see the need but anyway.

It just leads to issues like this. So when i try to add the ORBX patch i get this message. Ive tried 3 times now and keep seeing it.

Can i have support please? I am using P3Dv4.5

Thanks

• Administrator
10 hours ago, bradley27 said:

Again, alittle annoying that BB was merged into Aerosoft One...I really dont see the need but anyway.

It just leads to issues like this. So when i try to add the ORBX patch i get this message. Ive tried 3 times now and keep seeing it.

Can i have support please? I am using P3Dv4.5

Thanks

Hi, please try the steps here instead of using the configurator:

I think thats sorted it, very fiddly though.

Was far easier when the product was just a single installer like everything else on the download account is. Anyway, thanks for the pointers.